Sims 4 Won't Load when I Add Mods

by elliotxwalker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't Load when I Add Mods

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

I have recently installed the Sims 4 for the first time, using Origin. I am using a Windows 10 laptop. I was excited to dive into using custom content and mods with my game. I made sure to play the game first, to get all the files in my computer. The game loads completely fine, and I had fun, but then decided to start downloading mods. I made sure to check the right tick boxes, such as allowing custom content and script mods in the options menu on my game. I also made sure to restart it, so the changes were in effect. At this time, the boxes are still ticked, even after doing the desktop method. 

I learned how to install mods, and followed all the instructions thoroughly, being sure they were up to date with my version of sims (which is the latest version, effective March 20th, 2018). However, the moment I installed mods, my game wouldn't load and would display an error message. 

I figured it was one or two mods, so I took all of them out, and it loaded fine. Then, I added a mod one by one. But, each mod caused the same issue. The only way to get my game to load was to have no mods at all.

I tried moving my Sims 4 files to my desktop, to start a new game, and it worked fine, but only because it was fresh files with 0 mods. Adding them caused the same issue again. I even tried basic test mods, such as the No Intro mod, and the same problem would occur. I'm not sure what to do! It seems others have similar issues, but usually it is due to a bad mod. For me, it seems it's with every mod, whether it is good or bad. I really enjoy modding my game and using custom content, so if anyone is willing to help, please do!!!

Message 1 of 25 (5,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Won't Load when I Add Mods

★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone! 

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help. I have found the solution to my problem, and I wanted to go ahead and put it here in case anyone ever has the same problem I had.

Although I don't exactly know why this worked for me, hopefully it'll work for others.

I am the only account/person on my Windows laptop, but I decided to make another new account on my computer anyway to test and see if maybe my original account had a bad file or glitch. I named it elliot, made it an administrator, and did not register it with an outlook email/microsoft account. Then, on the new account, I logged into origins and ran my Sims 4 game. After that, I basically followed the mod instructions and added a mod into the Mods folder. Low and behold, the game ran 100% smoothly with all the mods I wanted to try!

I have no clue why this worked, but my assumption is my first account just had a bad code or something that was messing with my game. Either way, that is how I solved the problem. Hopefully this works for anyone else out there that has tried everything!

View in thread

Message 19 of 25 (7,539 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please post the complete error message. A screenshot will do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 25 (5,468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

error essage.PNG

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I'm currently in the process of re-installing my Sims 4 game after uninstalling it, and Origin. I'm not sure if it will work to be honest, but incase it doesn't and the same issue occurs, the help would be appreciated!! This is the error message, it is not the exact one, as the only difference is the code. I googled the code earlier when trying to find solutions, so I had it in my history. My specific code is: [de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]. So, it's basically this popup when I try to start the game, but with that code. 

Message 3 of 25 (5,464 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Let us know if reinstalling does not help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 25 (5,455 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hiya, I am back. My game finished reinstalling, I opened it up, then closed it and tried to add a mod to test and see. As soon as I added a mod, the same error message occurred. Here is the exact error im getting:error!.PNG

Message 5 of 25 (5,451 Views)

★★ Pro

You mentioned reinstalling the game, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin itself?

Here's an article from Crinrict on the issue, that has more tips to try.

Unable to Start, Initialization error at startup
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

Message 6 of 25 (5,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin as well, to no avail :-( The game runs perfectly fine, so long as I have 0 mods in the Mods folder, which is such a shame as I love modding my games. I used ccleaner to uninstall Origin when I did, and I uninstalled Sims 4 and reinstalled as well. I only have one drive as well, which is my C: drive (if this is what they meant in the article). 

Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss here, any help is gladly appreciated though everyone!

Message 7 of 25 (5,425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please try to repair the game. Rightclick it in Origin and select Repair.

Message 8 of 25 (5,421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried it, same error. Even with the simplest mods :-(

Message 9 of 25 (5,417 Views)

★★ Pro

Let me see if I've got this correct, you're working with no mods or cc, a new game with a new Sim, as a test and still getting the Unable to Start message?

Message 10 of 25 (5,377 Views)