Sims 4 Won't Launch, But Says I Played?

by sadyabluko

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Launch, But Says I Played?

★★★ Newbie

As of yesterday I have been unable to launch The Sims 4. I open Origin, click on play, and it will show the loading icon beside my cursor, then take me back to Origin, thus not launching The Sims. Though the odd thing is, it says the last time I played the game was today when I was attempting to launch it again, even though I very much am aware that I haven't accessed it as of two days ago. Origin is working smoothly with no issues, but the game just refuses to launch, despite saying that it has been. I've cleared Origin's cache, updated the game, repaired the game, clean booted my computer, reinstalled Origin, deleted corrupted CC/mods, restarted my computer- anything you can do to fix it, I've done. I'm extremely frustrated and losing my patience with this issue. Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on with my game?

Message 1 of 4 (323 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch, But Says I Played?

Champion (Retired)

By "deleted corrupted CC/mods" do you mean that you removed all? If not please do so and try the game without. Also delete localthumbcache.package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did try 'delete localthumbcache.package' and it did nothing for me. I did not remove it all, just what was broken. I also uninstallined and reinstalled the game to no luck. I paid money for this and the fact that it's refusing to work is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 4 (310 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all then test the game without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (297 Views)