Sims 4 Won't Launch After Removing Mods w/ MCD

by thelyingcandor

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Launch After Removing Mods w/ MCD

★★★★ Novice

Hi, to whoever reads and replies to this, please help. I just downloaded the Mod Conflict Detector and have been using it to remove problematic mods and CC. I have only deleted mods that conflicted with others or were flagged as incorrect files. After deleting a bunch of problematic mods, I tried to launch the Sims 4, and it gave me a popup that said it could not launch the game, and to try repairing or reinstalling it through Origin. I did not delete any key files of importance, only mods and CC, so I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. I still have all of my save files intact. I'm scared that I won't be able to relaunch the game and lose all of my progress. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help, I'm so nervous to lose my worlds. Frown

Thank you,

a simmer named Hannah Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (3,062 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch After Removing Mods w/ MCD

@thelyingcandor  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will still be intact in the folder you've moved but won't be read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.

If it works, you can start adding your existing content to the new folder in batches, testing each time to make sure the game still loads.  Transfer your saves last, when you're satisfied everything else works.

If you can't play even in a clean folder, please try repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the exact same thing and it still didnt launch at all no matter what i did. i dont know what to do at all and i tried everything.

Message 3 of 4 (917 Views)

@Gympie0  Are you saying that Sims 4 doesn't launch after you've moved the entire user folder to the desktop?  If that's the case, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (911 Views)