Sims 4 Won't Connect to the Internet

by SuzyMaie

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Connect to the Internet

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing the game and it is running fine. However, every time I go to use the gallery I can't because it says I am not connected to the internet even though I am. When I click connect in the gallery I get a pop-up saying " One or more of the sims connections is currently down, please try again later". It has been saying that for days. Any idea how to fix this so I can get connected???

Message 1 of 33 (95,085 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Connect to the Internet

Hero

Is your Origin offline or still connected ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (94,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me, Origin is still connected while this is happening.

Message 3 of 33 (94,802 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue... I allowed The Sims 4 in Windows Firewall (Control Panel > System & Security > Firewall > Allow an app...) which didn't work. I then went into my anti-virus and made an exception for it there and it now works yay. For those with AVG 2014, Go to Options > Advanced Settings > Exceptions > Add exception > Select folder (choose your default Sims installation directory), OK it and try again. Hope this helps someone!

Message 4 of 33 (94,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I have been playing for weeks with no problem. All of a sudden when I attempted to play today it says I am offline. I have tried restarting my computer, allow exceptions in my firewall, etc. No luck. 

Origin is connected but Sims 4 will not connect.

Message 5 of 33 (94,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. Everything worked fine until a few hours ago. Origin is online, rebooted twice, to no avail. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing and will simply go away in a short while (maybe some issues on EA's side? I remember having similar problems with Sim City from time to time) Confusedmileysad:

Message 6 of 33 (94,485 Views)

Hero

Did you change anything on your side ? Updates or something ? Windows/Antivirus ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (94,471 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I followed all the advice found on these posts, but no luck. I too can't connect to the online gallery, etc. Origin is connected just fine, but not my game. Any more advice on how to fix this?
Message 8 of 33 (94,411 Views)

Hero

And you do have a full Origin account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (94,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am not sure as to what the difference between a full Origin account and a not full Origin account. Can you please elaborate?
Message 10 of 33 (94,393 Views)