Sims 4 - Windows 10 crashes!

by chardy3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - Windows 10 crashes!

★ Novice

Hello Everyone!

I hope you can help fix my problem with the Sims 4 as it constantly crashes after 10 or so minutes of gameplay!

I have tried other treads but none fix the problem. Whenever I play, normally when I change locations the game crashes (and sometimes crashes during simple gameplay). I'm running windows 10 (I know) and it is 32 bit. I have a graphics card that supports the game and the correct amount of ram.

Please help!

Message 1 of 10 (15,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - Windows 10 crashes!

Hero (Retired)

@chardy3 Looking at your dxdiag I see several problems for playing games. Although the processor will process 64 bit code the motherboard uses DDR2 memory. DDR4 memory is out and DDR2 memory is real old. Your operating system is 32 bit. 64 bit software is starting to show up and some software is being released as 64 bit only. The video card driver is out of date. I am concerned about the system overheating. If you computer is crashing randomly could indicate an overheating problem. Have you checked the that all the fans are working correctly. As old as that computer is the fans may have enough dust in them to not turn fast enough. Is there enough air flow through the case? Does the power supply have enough voltage to power the 750 Ti? The power supply itself could be failing. As computers age components may get weak and start to fail when stressed. Your computer needs a complete inventory and a through checkup.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (19,999 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

With 32 bit, you likely run into a out-of-Ram crash sooner or later.

Does it happen on a fresh save game as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (15,777 Views)

★ Novice

I have created new saves and uninstalled then re-installed the game but it continues to crash. I have attached the DxDiag. Oh, and also my computer is 32 bit.

Message 3 of 10 (15,762 Views)

Hero

I'm seeing quite a few people with 32 OS and crashing.

When the game crashes, don't close the message but switch to your task manager and check how much RAM the ts4.exe process uses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (15,743 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@chardy3 Looking at your dxdiag I see several problems for playing games. Although the processor will process 64 bit code the motherboard uses DDR2 memory. DDR4 memory is out and DDR2 memory is real old. Your operating system is 32 bit. 64 bit software is starting to show up and some software is being released as 64 bit only. The video card driver is out of date. I am concerned about the system overheating. If you computer is crashing randomly could indicate an overheating problem. Have you checked the that all the fans are working correctly. As old as that computer is the fans may have enough dust in them to not turn fast enough. Is there enough air flow through the case? Does the power supply have enough voltage to power the 750 Ti? The power supply itself could be failing. As computers age components may get weak and start to fail when stressed. Your computer needs a complete inventory and a through checkup.

Message 5 of 10 (20,000 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks,

I was planning to update the computer soon anyway. Hopefully after I update it the game will run smoothlyStandard smile

Message 6 of 10 (15,705 Views)

★★ Novice
My 64 bit Win 10 Kris crashing.
Message 7 of 10 (12,446 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jenwinhay

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If not or if that does not help, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 8 of 10 (12,444 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. Thanks for answering! No, no mods. I did lower all the graphics settings and it has helped. It''s only crashed once.

Message 9 of 10 (12,427 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jenwinhay

Okay, then maybe your computer is not really powerful enough for the game. If you want more help, post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 10 of 10 (12,410 Views)