Re: Sims 4 Will Not Launch!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Will Not Launch!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello!A couple of days ago i tried to launch sims and nothing happened.  At first i thought it was my PC, so I restarted it, this did not fix the issue. After looking through my task manager it does show that sims 4 is running.  The game will launch in a clean boot however, as soon as I revert to a normal boot.  I haven't installed any new files or programmes since it was last working. therefor I don't believe it is another  programme preventing it from launching.  I have cleared all cache for sims and tried reinstalling origin as well as reinstalling sims 4.  Has anybody else encountered this issue? If so have you found a solution? I need help!

Thanks!

---------------------------

I've attached my DxDiag for you.  It does not appear in my task bar and upon further inspection it appears sims only runs for a few seconds before disappearing.  I do not believe my computer's hardware poses any limitations to the game as it can easily run new AAA titles and high settings at 60+ fps

Message 1 of 8 (570 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I haven't yet updated the windows drivers but I reinstalled the game and it seems to all be working fine. Thanks for your help

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (580 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @MorganC2002

do you see the game running in your task bar ? What happens if you choose switch to process from your task manager ?

If a program had an update, it could be interfering now when it wasn't before and if it runs on a clean boot it's an indication that something is interfering. Do you have any programs running in the back ? Check on security software ? 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

I've attached my DxDiag For you.

Message 3 of 8 (532 Views)

Hero

Hi @MorganC2002

both your Windows and Nvidia graphics drivers are bit old.

I would run all the Windows updates and update the drivers, then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I have (or think i have) now update both of my Nvidia and Windows drivers.  The game still will not launch.  I have attached  a copy of my updated DxDiag.  Should i try re-downloading sims again, now i have updated drivers? Thanks again, Morgan

Message 5 of 8 (511 Views)

Hero

Nvidia drivers are updated now but Windows still shows Build Number 14393 which is from last August (almost a year old).

Did you go to Windows update and check if there's updates until there's nothing more ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (507 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't yet updated the windows drivers but I reinstalled the game and it seems to all be working fine. Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 8 (581 Views)

Hero

That's good to hear.

You should make sure your Windows is updated for security reasons though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (495 Views)