Sims 4 Updates (mandatory!!)

by veejaxon

Original Post

Sims 4 Updates (mandatory!!)

★★★ Newbie

What's with all the fecking Sims 4 updates? If I don't the game wont play? THE HELL IT WONT!!!!

And then there are the Origin updates that screw EVERYFECKINGTHING up!!! I bought the dangblang CD/DVD so that I would not have this problem.

Origin and Electronic Arts need to get their * together and quit FORCING gamers to be tied to and tied down by the internet. Playing games are supposed to be fun; not the chore of updating every time you power up the game. And if you don't have access to the internet, then you are S.O.L. until you get access. I call that holding my game, that I paid for by the way, hostage until I do what you developers want. The game runs fine until one of your stupid updates. And then I have to update to fix the update. HOW STUPID IS THAT???

You people need to change this, otherwise I will not buy another Sims game as long as I live. Just to let you know I have EVERY SINGLE SIMS GAME THAT HAS EVER COME OUT. And Sims 4, is by far, the most problematic game to play. And that is due to Origin and EA's mandatory updates.

CHANGE IT!! NOW!!

Thank you

An Avid Gamer 

Message 1 of 4 (1,434 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Updates (mandatory!!)

★★★★ Novice
Agree one after another and the updates don't fix anything and what they are adding to game is all about the same
Message 2 of 4 (1,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This really makes me mad, too. Every time I try and play Sims 4 it tells me I can't until I install another freaking MASSIVE update. (And also update Origin EVERY SINGLE TIME I open it.)

I should be able to play the game I've spent hundreds of pounds on whenever the hell I want, instead I'm told I can't unless I sacrifice huge amounts of my laptop's memory to another update. Eventually my computer specs that meant I could play the game easily will no longer be enough but I'm not allowed to decline an update??

I should be able to play my game when I have no internet access.
I should be able to refuse an update and just play the vanilla base game, or the base game and the expansion packs I already have, without updating to include all the extra stuff needed for people buying every new pack and future expansion.
I should be able to play my game without waiting an hour for the update to finish.
I should be able to play my game without it practically crashing my computer with the size of it once it's updated.

As the original poster said, I should be able to play my game without it being HELD FREAKING HOSTAGE until I do what the developers want and mess with my existing and previously functional game.

The Sims 4 is the first time I've bought any Sims game online instead of the physical disks and I will never make that mistake again. I'm so angry.

Message 3 of 4 (894 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (825 Views)