Re: Sims 4 Update causing major problems

by AnythingTrapnin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Update causing major problems

★★★ Newbie

So I updated the Sims 4 on September 1, 2020. However, I loaded several of my saved games to find that I couldn't find three of the worlds (The only two I could find were Britechester and Magnolia Promenade), and by extension I couldn't load any of my saved households. When I tried creating a new game, I found that a couple of the menus (Chin and mouth) were empty. There were no selections. Next I tried right-clicking the Sims 4 in Origin, but the repair option wasn't available either. I'm at a dead end right now and completely out of ideas for how to get my saved households back and how to fix the create-a-sim function. If anyone else is having this problem, please tell me how to fix it if you can.

Thanks and happy gaming

Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

Accepted Solution

@AnythingTrapnin  To repair a game in Origin, it has to be closed.  If you quit and still don't see the option, restart your computer and try again.  If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If you still have an issue after repairing, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how things look.  If everything is back to normal, you can move over your saves and anything else you want to keep.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (353 Views)

All Replies

@AnythingTrapnin  To repair a game in Origin, it has to be closed.  If you quit and still don't see the option, restart your computer and try again.  If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If you still have an issue after repairing, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how things look.  If everything is back to normal, you can move over your saves and anything else you want to keep.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)