Sims 4 Update Questions?

by jaqlove

Original Post

Sims 4 Update Questions?

★★★ Newbie

As someone who is non-binary, I love the new Sims 4 update! Although, I do have a few questions about the new mechanics of the game:

1. Will pre created sims have their genders/gender preferences changed? For example, if I seduced someone like Nancy Landgrab or Alexander Goth, could Nancy get me pregnant, could I get Alexander pregnant?

2. In Sims 4 Get To Work, my Sim's gender is male, but in the retail shops, even though my clothing preference is set to female, it will only let me try on/buy male clothing. Though I think it's just an accident that this happened.

3. I hope in later updates they give us the chance to pick pronouns (he, they, her) and more gender options (such as genderfluid, and have the sim have a moodlet each day for what type of gender they are and dress in that specific clothing for that day.)

4. Maybe when sims learn other sims traits/jobs/careers, etc, they can learn their gender traits? And have a social interaction such as, "Ask About Gender", and it tells you what pronouns/reproduction/clothing preferences they use. Standard smile

Hope someone can help me with these questions/suggestions. Does anyone else have any suggestions for the game? Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (588 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update Questions?

Hero (Retired)

This forum is mainly if your having trouble with your game and not so much a Q & A. I recommend the sims twitter account for questions like these as they will probably get addressed a lot faster there.

Message 2 of 6 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry, I didn't know

Message 3 of 6 (583 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jaqlove no problem I feel you will get more response over there. Personally I don't Tweet and I visit my Facebook page maybe one a year if I have nothing else to do (which isn't often).

take care

Message 4 of 6 (577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I came here to actually address one of the same issues. I have always played a very fluid Sim; if EA is going to introduce this... then there are already bugs in the game play.

It bugs me I can't go 'shopping' normally either. I am forced to buy product because of my gender. 

Message 5 of 6 (400 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @succumbtom15,

Could you open a new thread to start a fresh discussion on this please? We'll need to close this thread as it's 6 years old to limit necroposting.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (389 Views)