Sims 4 Update Not loading!

by wiggle2219

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Update Not loading!

★★ Novice

Whatever the most recent update was for the sims 4, its not wanting to complete its download. It gets all the way to 100% then goes to finalizing installation then an error message pops up saying it failed to download. Not sure whats going on here. If anyone could be of assistance that would be great!

-Thank you

Message 1 of 20 (1,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Update Not loading!

★★★ Novice

"Me too, but then I tried to uninstall, and it pointed out that TS4.exe was running. So I killed that in the processes tab of task manager, and the update succeeded! To fix this, the updater should check for running processes the same way the uninstaller does." I found this on a blog and now the game works again for me Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 20 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

my update won't even start. I've tried everything, reinstalling, turning off computer and logging back in....nothing!

If anyone else has the same problem as me, I hope origin finds out the problem.

Message 2 of 20 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

my update wont start and my game is greyed out on origin. i cant even click the play button! all my files are there and my last save was at 9:24pmE. what the heck is going on?!!!

Message 3 of 20 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem aswell....

Message 4 of 20 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Me too, but then I tried to uninstall, and it pointed out that TS4.exe was running. So I killed that in the processes tab of task manager, and the update succeeded! To fix this, the updater should check for running processes the same way the uninstaller does." I found this on a blog and now the game works again for me Standard smile

Message 5 of 20 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me as well!! THANK YOU

Message 6 of 20 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

could you plzz help me whith it ??

Message 7 of 20 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. The update can not be completed. It still does not work. Do you already have a solution?

Message 8 of 20 (1,021 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried the solution listed and it didnt help me. I am having to completely re-download the sims 4 which means I wont be playing for a while. Then I need to hope it works properly at the end. Confusedmileysad:

Message 9 of 20 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hmm my bf did help me, but u go ctrl + alt + delete and then go to the process tab and then end the file thats called TS4.ex and it should work Standard smile Thats what we did and it did work fine after that Standard smile Hope it helps.

Message 10 of 20 (992 Views)