Sims 4 Unplayable: Laggy Save.

by Simtasticgallery

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Unplayable: Laggy Save.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have updated the game with the latest patch, but sadly my game has never been so slow.

My Mods Folder is 35.7 GB (38,431,890,158 bytes) size. I have merged the CC of Build and Buy Mode which takes the most space. The other stuff are all about the CAS: Hairstyles, Clothing, Shoes which aren't unmerged and Mods / Overrides.

I started playing once again after a long time, I was organizing my mods file and did not enter TS4 until yesterday and realized it is pretty laggy. It does not happen with mods/cc though and that is not everything I need to put back in game (The Shoes and some clothing pieces are missing because I wanted to re-do it again and start with fresh content) so lately I have been busy with that until yesterday.

The loading screen takes the same or even more when is loading the family I always play with.

The options seems to be unclickable, I mean, the pie menu of interactions or saving appears after a few minutes and takes a long time!

When I finish "playing" I noticed the files that generates says: LastCleanException, LastException, LastUIException and the localthumb.cache that generates automatically. I find it weird that it does not pop something while playing though (Like the game is having a problem for example)

I need help what do I do? Starting a new save file is also recommended? Or just save the same as a new one and delete the current files? This save is the only one I have been playing with!

The Save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eyh36RCQ2O7hhG-a2ihNAlJJjS8CeIE?usp=sharing

The files with the system specs and what you need to look at are attached within the same thread!

Thanks to whoever is reading this for your help and time! Happy Holidays!

Message 1 of 18 (3,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Unplayable: Laggy Save.

@Simtasticgallery  Saves will grow in size as you play more sims, build on more lots, and progress the world in various other ways.  That's normal.  What isn't normal is the massive save bloating that happened after the November patch.  While you don't have that issue, you could use MCCC to find out how many homeless sims your larger saves have; if it's a very high number, it might help to delete them.

Otherwise, I'd still try running the old save with no mods at all, to see how it goes.  It would be worth at least knowing whether the issue was a mod or the save itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 13 of 18 (4,596 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Hello!

You're saying that it works fine without mods and cc so i would recommend you to delete some of the cc and try again. Sims 4 is a pretty tough game for the CPU to handle if you have loads of cc and mods. If you have a lot of different script mods (i.e mods that change the gameplay), make sure they are up to date as well! 

Also try to create a new family to see if its just the save that is lagging. 

<3

(i do not work for EA)

Message 2 of 18 (3,789 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Simtasticgallery Wait i might have missread that, do you mean that it's laggy with mods or not?
Message 3 of 18 (3,785 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It has always worked with CC/Mods, I can't play without them. But, I will try to make a new save file to see what it is.

Message 4 of 18 (3,784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

As far as I know it is with mods/cc but I am realizing of that problem until this patch came out.

Message 5 of 18 (3,781 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Simtasticgallery Sadly i think it might be too much CC that is causing the problem, i had about 5700 different pieces of CC and my game became slower, try taking away some CC to see if the lag calms down. <3
Message 6 of 18 (3,779 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Angel Thanks! I will try to come with a solution!

Message 7 of 18 (3,771 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Simtasticgallery No problem! <3 Hope you can solve the problem, i know the struggles. When you have started playing with CC it's impossible to stop haha
Message 8 of 18 (3,768 Views)

@Simtasticgallery  When you say your save lags, what exactly do you mean?  People use the word in different ways, and the various issues have different causes.  Please let me know what you see on-screen when the game is lagging, I mean other than the part about the pie menu.

It would be useful here to set a baseline for performance, with no mods, and go from there.  If you move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, a clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Don't add anything to it at first; just start a new save and see how it runs.

If the new save does not lag, you can start adding your mods and custom content to the new folder in batches, testing each time.  With mods, it should be enough to add them, but with custom content, you'll want to actually use it in the new save, to see whether it makes a difference.  It's possible some items aren't working correctly anymore, and it's also possible that the issue is the cumulative total burden of rendering all the cc and running all the mods.  But the only way to tell is by experimenting.

Finally, please check the size of your existing save file, the one that's lagging, and let me know how large it is.  There was recently an issue that caused save bloating, plus lag and crashing to go with it, and while it shouldn't happen anymore, saves that were already affected haven't been fixed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 18 (3,755 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

saves size.JPG

The lagging I mention: https://twitter.com/shespeaksimlish/status/1340365648350900225?s=20

And one other picture is attatched I noticed the suddenly crashed please let me know what you think about it. 

Message 10 of 18 (3,723 Views)