Re: Sims 4 Unplayable: Laggy Save.

by Hailey_love_13

Original Post

@Simtasticgallery  Are those your newest save files?  They're all dated from October.  And while they're quite large, the issue that caused save bloating didn't appear until the November patch, so if you hadn't played between October and now, your saves wouldn't have been affected.  If you have newer saves that are significantly larger in size than the ones in your screenshot, please let me know.

Just as an experiment, please try running one of your saves in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, launch the game to create a clean folder, quit, and copy one of the saves to the new folder.  (Use one that ends in .save, not .verx.)  Don't add anything else to the clean folder.  Since you're copying the file, not moving it, you don't have to worry about missing content: the original save will be intact in the old Sims 4 folder, and you can freely experiment on the copy.  Let me know how it runs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict The size of the new save file is this one. I made it yesterday, but had to take it out to try the solution your offered. I just got out of the game, the lag in the last save file from October is extremely slow, it's insane. I don't know why it happened, but in the new save file I noticed it runs as it is expected for this gaming computer even with CC/Mod and if you compare the size I uploaded here (yesterday) in the previous page, then you might see the size it is wayy bigger. This never happened before so I am confused about what might happen. But, anyway... Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help you provided!New save file size.JPG

Message 12 of 18 (944 Views)

@Simtasticgallery  Saves will grow in size as you play more sims, build on more lots, and progress the world in various other ways.  That's normal.  What isn't normal is the massive save bloating that happened after the November patch.  While you don't have that issue, you could use MCCC to find out how many homeless sims your larger saves have; if it's a very high number, it might help to delete them.

Otherwise, I'd still try running the old save with no mods at all, to see how it goes.  It would be worth at least knowing whether the issue was a mod or the save itself.

Message 13 of 18 (4,594 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I might keep the backup, but I don't mind starting fresh from time to time Standard smile By the way how do I delete homelesss? Do I have to do it all by myself despite having MCC?

Message 14 of 18 (921 Views)

@Simtasticgallery  To delete the homeless sims, you need MC Cheats as well as the base module.  Load a household, pause the game, click on the mailbox, choose MC Cheats > Deletion Cheats, and deleting the homeless should be one of the options.  If there are homeless sims you want to spare, be sure to move them into houses, at least temporarily, before you do this.

I'm not totally sure this will fix the issue, but like I said, it's easy enough to quit without saving if you don't like the results.  You can also use "save as" and rename the save afterwards: see how the save runs going forward, and if you don't think there's enough of an improvement, your previous save file will still be intact.

Message 15 of 18 (912 Views)

★ Novice

I know this thread is old and idk if my problem is the same as yours but whenever I play a save for a while the game starts getting lag. When moving the screen around it moves slow, clicking on items the bubbles take a few more seconds to pop up. The game gets unplayable and I end up having to start a new save and the problem goes away, so I know it isn’t mods or cc. I’ve also tried playing the same save without cc and mods and it will still be super slow. I know in Sims 3 there were files you could delete to free up that lag, so I was curious if there was also a way to do that in the Sims 4

Message 16 of 18 (846 Views)

@Hailey_love_13  There are a number of different causes of lag in Sims 4.  To start, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know how long you've been playing your affected saves, and how large the save files are in size.  You can see them in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.

Message 17 of 18 (828 Views)

★ Novice

I was actually able to figure it out. Deleting some cache, localthumb files and the last exception files seemed to fix the problem! 

Message 18 of 18 (803 Views)