Sims 4 University crash, no mods

by Jdaiiz

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 University crash, no mods

Hero
@WhinApplePies Please see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-University-crash-no-mods/m-p/8451419#M157250

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 27 (913 Views)

★ Novice

The same thing keeps happening to me.

Message 22 of 27 (876 Views)

★★ Novice

So similar issue. I've done some testing and it seems that once my second Sim graduates and the day changes over to the next day, it won't load that household anymore. On my last test, my sims went to a charity party but when they tired to go home and it was morning of the next day after graduation and it wouldn't load. I tried splitting the household, I've tried moving them. I don't use any gameplay mods only cosmetic mods which I have also tested by removing them. I can load every other of my households but this one. 

Message 23 of 27 (839 Views)

★ Novice

Hey I have the same issue. I'm playing on a mac that meets the minimum requirements, no mods or cc but ever since downloading university my gameplay does not work. It is very slow and often crashes as soon as the household is loaded. CAS and build are fine. Please help. I'm so desperate for a solution I've tried everything please help.

Message 24 of 27 (805 Views)

@simmermo1  Please create a new thread in the Sims 4 Mac section describing exactly what's happening with your game.  Please also post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 27 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, something similar but worse happened to me and it all started after I bought the new game...I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 and I had played Sims 4 on it for an entire year and I was able to use custom content and various mods with the game. I was excited to download the University expansion pack, however, I started to experience blue screens and my computer would constantly restart. It got to the point where I was no longer able to log back on to my computer. Long story short, I took it into various computer repair people and the first one said my hard drive failed, then my CPU on the motherboard failed and I just ended up buying a new computer of the same style.

I have been told the Sims wouldn't have physically been able to break the parts of my other computer, however, I found it was strange after I downloaded the new expansion pack I began getting blue screens after having smoothly played it for a year. With my new computer, I was excited to start playing sims again and downloaded everything the first day I got it and was able to play no problem.

The next day I was just working on my computer and experienced another blue screen. I'm not sure if this is part of another problem, but I immediately uninstalled everything sims because I don't want to have to go through the same process. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so could it be Sims that's causing the problem?

I have been thinking if I should download everything again except for the University Expansion pack but I am scared it might mess with my computer again.

Message 26 of 27 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@olgasaysplay Try testingcheats on then try cas. Fulleditmode try to play some other University household for exapmle: Julia and Becca then go and visit your sim and when you see your sim right click on him/her and go to “edit in cas” press the “check” or the “x” Button on edit cas” then you will go directly to your sim or household without it crashing.

Hope it helped...

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 27 of 27 (565 Views)