Re: Sims 4 Unable to start

by tigerjr38

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Unable to start

★★★ Newbie

I need assistance with getting Sims 4 to launch on a brand new PC.

"Unable to start:

Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

[de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]"

I just fresh installed Sims 4 with no mods and got this message.  I have already repaired the files, uninstalled and reinstalled sims 4.  None have worked.

PC Specs:

Processor: 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900K

Motherboard: EVGA Z690 Classified

Memory: 32 GB DDR5

Graphics: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti

Windows: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
@tigerjr38 I was installing Sims 4 from my wifes Origin account. (She plays on my account that has all the DLC packs). For some reason the fresh install from her origin account was installing Mod packs.
She deleted the mods and the game launches just fine now.
Thanks for all that tried helping :D

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@tigerjr38   12th gen Intel cpu chips code name Alder Lake had (has?. ) known issues with games. They say the issue is fixed and I say the world is flat. There seems to be a work around.  Is Origin installed and running? Is this a Steam version of the game? Did you copy user files from old pc?

Message 2 of 4 (401 Views)

@tigerjr38  Do you use OneDrive, and if so, does it help to disable the service entirely?  If not, what antivirus do you use?

@roberta591  The issue with 12th-gen Intel processors only applies to Sims 3.  These CPUs never had any trouble running Sims 4 even before the problems with other games were resolved.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tigerjr38 I was installing Sims 4 from my wifes Origin account. (She plays on my account that has all the DLC packs). For some reason the fresh install from her origin account was installing Mod packs.
She deleted the mods and the game launches just fine now.
Thanks for all that tried helping :D
Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)