Sims 4 - Unable to start Initialization error at startup

by Amilirovich

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Unable to start Initialization error at startup

★★★★ Novice

I just reinstalled Origins to my windows folder on my hard drive and also got it to work. Thanks everyone!

Message 41 of 83 (19,279 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Unable to start

★ Novice
I have that problem too!!! It's really annoying,
I've already paid it and i can't play
Message 42 of 83 (19,279 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks to the posters who contributed to solve this problem, thanks again!!!

Message 43 of 83 (19,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad this worked for the rest of you, but I've tried everything from manually deleting the files for both Origin and The Sims 4, to clean booting, hard drive defragmentation, etc.  Everything looks like it's fine from the download of the Origin installer to the downloading of The Sims 4, but when Origin says the download is done, and I can play it, I press play, wait for about a minute, then get the 135dec40:984c6a38:00000077 error.

Message 44 of 83 (19,256 Views)

Hero

Did you also clean out your registery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 83 (19,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, this is very important for us to note, crinrict.

When I first encountered this message, I tried manually deleting and re-installing Origin.

Nothing changed.

Then I tried clearing out my registry and deleting the install files, and manually deleting Origin, and started it all from scratch.

Still nothing.

Then I tried a clean boot.

Nothing.

I put TS4 into Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode with administrative rights.

Then something weird happened...  Origin would show the game started, the button greyed out, then it reverted back to the play button.

So I tried it in Vista SP2.  Same thing.

Then I tried removing compatibility, but leaving administrative rights on.

That's when Origin stopped allowing me to press the play button.

So i disabled administrative rights, and at about the same time, two weird things happened.  My video card driver crashed, and Avast! Internet Security stopped working.  I had to delete my drivers with the latest ones, and re-install Avast!, and restart my computer.  When it restarted, Avast! loaded, but had all of its protective services disabled for some unknown reason, and Windows 7 warned me of it.  I had already started Origin and TS4 to try again, and this time it WORKED!! 

So for me, it was 3 issues in 1-  Origin needed re-installing, my drivers were out of date, and my Internet Security/antivirus suite needed to be disabled.

I recommend that everyone try disabling your antivirus/security software at first, then update your drivers, and if that fails, manually delete Origin, TS4 and its registry files, and reinstall Origin and TS4.

Message 46 of 83 (19,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone explain this to a non-tech-savvy person? The only computer game I ever play is the sims. What files am I deleting and am I going to have to download the sims again? After eight hours of downloading it the first time?

Message 47 of 83 (19,080 Views)

Hero

First step is to try reinstalling Origin itself.

Go to your control panel to uninstall it. Then reinstall

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 83 (19,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Delete what folders?

Message 49 of 83 (17,789 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Unable to start

★ Novice

How do I uninstall TS4? I can't find it anywhere...

Message 50 of 83 (17,750 Views)