Sims 4 - Unable to start Initialization error at startup

by Amilirovich

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Unable to start

★★★★ Novice

Being able to hit the play button hasn't been the issue. The game starts up then the error code comes and kicks me out.

Message 11 of 83 (12,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still says unreleased when I click on the game. Would just like to be able to download etc.

Message 12 of 83 (12,942 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Moved
Message 13 of 83 (12,920 Views)

Hero

Unrealeased games: Check your Order. If it still says processing, your payment has not gone through. Make sure your payment info is up-to-date

Initialize error: Please try starting the game as administrator or in compatibility mode. Also try windowed mode: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

Not being able to connect: Check your firewall and Anitvirus

Mac: This game is not for mac.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 83 (12,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"Initialize error: Please try starting the game as administrator or in compatibility mode. Also try windowed mode: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/"

I just tried all 3 and still get the same error it just goes to a window now before giving me the error.

Message 15 of 83 (12,896 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same for me.Tried all these 3,doesnt help.

Message 16 of 83 (12,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ditto here. Game simply doesn't want to start with either option. The only difference following the window mode is that the screen isn't going black.

Message 17 of 83 (12,864 Views)

Hero

Unfortunatley at this point I don't know what's going on with the initialize error. 

I'm trying guys but maybe go over to the official forum and see if they have a solution. Still trying to get everyone threads here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 83 (12,848 Views)

★★★ Novice

Official EA forum appears to actually be down. I am trying to get some response from EA customer support. Have been transferred up at least twice so far. If I get any kind of solution there, I will post again.

Message 19 of 83 (12,832 Views)

Hero

Works for me. Is this where you went: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 83 (12,802 Views)