Sims 4 Unable to Start Error Message (Brand New Laptop)

by EllieClareSmith

Original Post

Sims 4 Unable to Start Error Message (Brand New Laptop)

★★★ Newbie

Just been out and bought a brand new i5, 8gb RAM laptop to run Sims 4. I've repaired the game 3 times, updated twice & also reinstalled the game and still getting the same error message which won't load the game. Please note, I don't have any mods at all and this laptop is literally half a day old & Origin/The Sims is the only thing I've downloaded. The error message is:
Unable to Start
Cannot Start because game data is missing or damaged. If you have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. (de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b)

Please help!!!

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Unable to Start Error Message (Brand New Laptop)

★★ Novice
@EllieClareSmith Hello! I have had this problem before, but it happened because I had mods/cc in my game, but after removing, my game started working. Make sure that have absolutely NO cc/mods. Sometimes they can be damaging! Standard smile
Message 2 of 5 (412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had no mods whatsoever as it was all brqnd new and I don't use mods either. I managed to sort it out earlier, thanks though.

Message 3 of 5 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem and none of the solutions I've found online have helped. How did you solve this?

Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

@WandererT1  Please post a screenshot of the error message you get.  A lot of them look the same, but the exact error matters.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (332 Views)