Re: Sims 4 Ultra speed not working

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Sims 4 Ultra speed not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Romantic garden stuff City living Cats and dogs Discover university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The ultra speed x3 doesn’t work. When pressed it speeds up for a second and then goes back down to 1x speed.
What do you expect to see? The speed to go faster when the button is pressed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

during gameplay the 3x speed doesn’t work. I’ve searched countless forums and haven’t found anything that has helped so far. Was wondering if there’s something I can do to fix it. I’ve read places that uninstalling certain packs may help but I don’t want to lose any content that I’ve paid for. It makes gameplay harder when they go to sleep or work because time goes by so slow. 

Message 1 of 9 (9,722 Views)

Hero
@zachtrupiano Moving this to tech for now for troubleshooting.

This is in every world for you ? You're talking about x3 and not about the ultra speed that kicks in if all Sims are asleep/go to work ?

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (9,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is in every world. Yes the x3 ultra speed that kicks in if all Sims are asleep/go to work. I tried last night repairing it through origin and it didn’t help.

Message 3 of 9 (9,688 Views)

Hero
@zachtrupiano Do you have any pets ? Haven't had any issues myself so it doesn't seem to be a global issue

Did you also try a different save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (9,679 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, game has been going to ultra speed on it's own (automatically) making gameplay difficult. 

Message 5 of 9 (9,571 Views)

Hero
@LovemeTay That is a known bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Game-only-runs-in-3x-speed/td-p/8533657

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (9,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue too! Did you find a solution?

Kindest Shelley. 

Message 7 of 9 (8,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, has anyone come out with a solution?

Message 8 of 9 (5,955 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @emily080800,

This thread is quite old and is being locked to avoid additional necroposting.

If this is still causing trouble for you please feel free to create a new thread and provide some additional info so we can gather info specific to that particular situation. Thanks!+

Mako.png
Message 9 of 9 (5,929 Views)