Re: Sims 4, Toddler Update Glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4, Toddler Update Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Hey! The new "toddler update" is really messing with my game. A few days before it came out, it worked fine but as soon as I updated the game it started to glitch.

I started a new family to mess with the toddler a little bit, And my whole family is glitched. It refuses to let me use the objects for the toddler, and it wont let me pick her up for more than a second without putting her right down.

As well as my other Sims. one Sim continues to be embarrassed by the other just walking in on her without the Sim even using the bathroom. They also continue to do certain task over and over again.

I know a lot of people are having the same problem because of their questions. Please fix it, because I can't play the game otherwise.

( I don't have mods, so that's not the problem. It's probably the update itself )

Message 1 of 17 (30,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

That doesn't matter. CC/Mods get outdated with patches and can cause issues. 

So try removing that and see if it works without it

To repair the game, right-click on the game in Origin and choose Repair Game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (35,504 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you tried repairing the game ?

Do you also have no cc or just no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (30,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What do you mean by repair? And yes I have some cc but like I said before; my game worked just fine with the cc; until I updated the game

Message 3 of 17 (30,317 Views)

Hero

That doesn't matter. CC/Mods get outdated with patches and can cause issues. 

So try removing that and see if it works without it

To repair the game, right-click on the game in Origin and choose Repair Game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (35,505 Views)

★★ Novice

Remember, this is quite a large update so it will be a bit glitchy. I guess we just have to wait a bit for the sims 4 team to catch up. I hope the repair option worked better for you!!! Wink

Message 5 of 17 (30,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the help, I didn't get rid of my cc. I hit repair like you said. (I think the game had to much all at once) I went back to the glitched family and it didn't work, I had to quickly make a new random family, and it worked. Thank you so much again, I would have never of figured it out

Message 6 of 17 (30,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have no cc or mods and I have tried to repair my game reinstall it and everything and my game is still stuck my Sims won't interact with the toddler they do for a little while and then they just stop. They just all stand there but the game is still going I just can't make them do anything. when I don't have a toddler in the game it runs smoother
Message 7 of 17 (30,137 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (30,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im glad I ran into this question. Going to try it hopefully this works for me as well. 

Message 9 of 17 (30,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't go into build mode and Build anything as well as that the toddlers only appear as Xes.

Message 10 of 17 (29,309 Views)