Re: Sims 4 Tilde won't work

by WaulkTR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Tilde won't work

★★ Novice

I can't pause the game with tilde button. Is this a bug or something or there won't be an option to use it?

Message 1 of 11 (2,547 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue...

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini the keys are defined.

line 21:

[GameplayKeys]
tilde = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
grave = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
zero = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
one = |clock.setspeed one
two = |clock.setspeed two
three = |clock.setspeed three
four = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause

I added the grave to check if that might work, since that is the name for the ` symbol. Unfortunately that does not work.

So I added the line 'four = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause' (as shown above in bol), and this works. I can now pause the game with the 4 key.

You can also shift all keys 1 to the right, so the 1 key pauses the game, 2 for speed 1 and so on.

Too bad this isn't really a fix, but just a workaround... At least this is better then using the P key :D. Hope it helps.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (2,701 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

it works for me try the P button just to see if it works for you

Message 2 of 11 (2,546 Views)

★★ Novice

P works for me of course but tilde is next to 1-2-3 so it's way easier to use. It's hard to find P all the time.

Message 3 of 11 (2,544 Views)

★★ Novice

still no aswers?? :/

Message 4 of 11 (2,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do the 1-2-3 keys work for you ?

Not sure if it's supposed to work. Do you have an US Keyboard ?

Please also be aware that AHQ is a user help user platform and we do this in our own time without being compensatet. Answer can take time, especially in such a busy time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,529 Views)

★★ Novice

1-2-3 works everytime. And tilde worked when i last played but i when i restarted the game because of a freezing problem it stopped working again. I tried US keyboard but it didnt`t change a thing.

Message 6 of 11 (2,521 Views)

Hero

Not sure, maybe try deleting your cache files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (2,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue...

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini the keys are defined.

line 21:

[GameplayKeys]
tilde = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
grave = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
zero = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
one = |clock.setspeed one
two = |clock.setspeed two
three = |clock.setspeed three
four = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause

I added the grave to check if that might work, since that is the name for the ` symbol. Unfortunately that does not work.

So I added the line 'four = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause' (as shown above in bol), and this works. I can now pause the game with the 4 key.

You can also shift all keys 1 to the right, so the 1 key pauses the game, 2 for speed 1 and so on.

Too bad this isn't really a fix, but just a workaround... At least this is better then using the P key :D. Hope it helps.

Message 8 of 11 (2,702 Views)

Hero

Cool. Thanks for that info.

Make sure to backup the Original or you might run into patching issues.

You might also need to redo after every patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,497 Views)

★★ Novice

oh this looks okay for now. i ll try that.

Message 10 of 11 (2,490 Views)