Sims 4. The game failed to load error?

by hellou78

Original Post

Re: Sims 4. The game failed to load error?

★ Novice

That is essentially what I've done. I've tested all my cc and mods, found the files that were causing issues and removed them and downloaded the updated version if one exists. I've also tested the updated files one by one, (or you know, two by two if it needs 2 files and so on) but the updated files still give me the error code.

Message 21 of 28 (3,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omg i had the exact same problem, I just updated my MCCC and now it works!! thank you so much!!!

Message 22 of 28 (3,255 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, this exact issue happened to me. Fortunately I had two new mods and I knew it would be them because I’d only just downloaded them whereas all the others I updated this morning.

My advice would be to go into your mods folder, sort them from date first. And then check all the mods that are before, I think the game update came out on 20th, so look all of those up that are before 20.06.2018 and check if they’ve been updated for the new EP, if they have, then download the new one, delete the old one. If they haven’t then make a folder in your documents, not in the EA folder or anything, just your normal documents folder, and put all mods that haven’t yet been updated in that folder, and then check back in a couple weeks when hopefully they’ll have been updated for the new EP as well.

Personally, I have a word document full of a list of all the names of my mods, as well as their pictures so they’re easier to spot, the version I’m on of them, the link to where I got it from and the date I last updated it. Also, I have the latest version of the sims 4 written down at the top of the page for reference. I find that very helpful when it comes to needing my mods updated, also in these sorts of circumstances as well.

Good luck and happy simming  

Message 23 of 28 (3,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I updated my laptop and still not working
eek
Message 24 of 28 (3,186 Views)

Hero

Hi @sammyisourdog1

did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 28 (3,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank the lord for you!! Ahh so simple but my dumb * forgot about updating MC CC! It worked for me! Thank youuuuu!

Message 26 of 28 (3,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

well that doesn't solve my problem now does it ea games god Angry 

Message 27 of 28 (2,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 game has failed to load before to, what i did as that i didn't play it for like 2 weeks or more and when e came back the game was just fine, but that takes a lot of time and it has done that to me again and i don't wanna wait 2 weeks to play the game

Message 28 of 28 (2,897 Views)