Re: Sims 4. The game failed to load error?

by hellou78

Original Post

★★ Novice

Omg I was just about to type this. I spent like an hour and a half searching for the error in my mods folder Disappointed I wish I would've thought of MCCC earlier Disappointed

Message 11 of 28 (8,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sooo, I don’t have to do the resetting and backuping? Just update the broken mods?

p.d.:is there any way to avoid origin updating automatically or tampering with the game? This was all caused by the seasons patch and I don’t even plan wasting my money on that!

Message 12 of 28 (7,991 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup if you delete MCCC (and possibly install the new version) you should be able to play again (I was, at least)

And I believe in origin settings you get the option to choose whether you want games to upload automatically or not, so you should be able to turn automatic updating off (I believe, not 100% sure

Message 13 of 28 (7,976 Views)

Hero

Thought you already removed you rmods ? 

No, you don't have to reset the folder if you know which mods need updating.

There's potentially a lot of them though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (95,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hellou!

no, i won’t remove my mods or cc, I know I could play simple boring base game, but without my additions my game is pretty much empty, before I had cc I said “wow, how can people ruin their game so much” but everything changed.

right now I will update the mods that I think are broken and I’ll let you know if it worked. 😉👍

Message 15 of 28 (7,953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To hydroponicpoetry

do you have the UIextensions? Or other script mods for the game?

Message 16 of 28 (7,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally!

i took out my MCCC, the UI extensión cheats and my more CAS columns and now I can play!!

thanks for all your help people!

Message 17 of 28 (7,939 Views)

Hero
Most of this mods are already updated. Just go get the newest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 28 (7,927 Views)

★ Novice

My problem is that not even the updated mods work for me.

I've removed all mods confirmed as broken or not yet updated. I've repaired the game, reset my folders (should I try that again maybe?), and basically spent all day finding which mods work or not. Mind, I have 47GB of cc and mods but also a powerhouse of a PC.

I just don't get it. Any suggestions?

Message 19 of 28 (7,905 Views)

Hero
You will need to test all mods, not just the ones confirmed broken. The lists are still a work in progress.

First, remove everything to verify if it works on a vanilla game.

Then start putting your stuff back in groups. Start with custom content such as objects and CAS items, then continue to your mods.

There is no other way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (7,878 Views)