Re: Sims 4. The game failed to load error?

by hellou78

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4. The game failed to load error?

★★★★ Novice

I’m mad af, today, I tried to play the sims but when I clicked to play on my household the game took me back to choose a world screen with a message screen saying this:

The game failed to load. Error code:

122:6ee24dd4:ea9a6763. It is recommended that you

relaunch the game.

I tried relaunching the game, results? NONE

i tried turning off/on my computer, results? NONE

i even tried removing my mods I knew were new, results? NONE

i have no idea what to do, I can’t even play because of this error.

i will not remove all mods, reset game or any of those useless solutions rosemos or other admins throw to you to shut your mouth.

im still very mad and need help

😡😡🤬

Message 1 of 28 (88,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Thought you already removed you rmods ? 

No, you don't have to reset the folder if you know which mods need updating.

There's potentially a lot of them though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 28 (95,933 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Let me guess, you just updated for Seasons right? Been restarting and repairing my game files and deleted all my mods and it still won't work. I didn't even get a screen that said it had an error smh. 

Message 2 of 28 (88,435 Views)

Hero

Hi @hellou78

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (88,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don’t think so, I haven’t bought the seasons neither updating the game manually, but when I tried starting the game origin told me it was downloading the game... even dough I’ve been playing for like 3 years.
Message 4 of 28 (88,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I made a backup after the problem started... am i screwed? Or will it work? Plus: what is causing this problem??, I’ve been searching threads with the exact same problem, they described having deleted families or stuff, but I really just started the game, does this has to tho with cc or mods? Please tell me it doesn’t 🙁😢
Thanks for helping btw.

i forgot to mention I have a copy of the sims 4 folder in electronic arts,the one with cache, mods, saves etc... is that the one?

Message 5 of 28 (88,354 Views)

Hero
A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (88,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMG nooooooo, how will I do that?? I have over 4000 mods and cc installed!

pd: it does work without mods but I’m not gonna be playing without them although I didn’t tested it on the household with the problem

Message 7 of 28 (88,344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I read the link on the description and I do have counters (obviously), UI extensions, MCcommands, more CAS columns and there was one that said sims 4 studio? I mean, I have the studio but it’s not a mod...

Message 8 of 28 (88,341 Views)

Hero
Sims4Studio will probably crash when you try to use it. A lot of mods have already been updated so you will need to go through and find out what's causing your issues.

It's going to be mostly mods, not sure about cc.

Unfortunately, there's no other way if you wanna keep playing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (88,337 Views)

★★ Novice
Just to let you know, MCCC needs updating! The new version came out yesterday. I updated it and that fixed the problem Standard smile
Message 10 of 28 (88,220 Views)