Re: Sims 4 Stuck on loading

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 Stuck on loading

★★★ Newbie

Good morning and Happy Holidays,

I'm getting pretty frustrated because last Thursday I bought 2 expansion packs and some other content and now I cant play the the game. The game hangs on the loading screen forever. the game was playing fine with tons of custom content many months ago.  I have been reading a bunch of posts since then and trying everything I can think of. I deleted all my custom content, I have reinstalled the game, I have updated my graphics card, I have updated windows, I have tried running the game in windowed mode, I have tried running the game in 32 bit. Nothing works. I don't care about my saves they are long gone and I don't care about the custom content I can always download more. I just want the base game to work..... Am I the only person with this problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (379 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sgt-Lathim

Have you tried renaming your user folder yet ? If not , try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have deleted that folder without baking it up.

I have reinstalled the game after deleting all Sims 4 content on my PC.

I have used the repair option through games library. No fixes.

Message 3 of 7 (367 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sgt-Lathim  Before you did the reinstall did you use a registry cleaner like ccleaner (there is a free version)? Could you post your computer's dxdiag please - link - how to post a dxdiag  You can attach it to the paperclip at the lowe right of the post window.

Message 4 of 7 (359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

here you are.

I'm currently reinstalling with only the main game no expansions to see if that works. I have deleted every file I could find on my computer that had origin or EA or Sims in the title.

Message 5 of 7 (347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok base game working no expansions... I'll try adding the expansions.

Message 6 of 7 (339 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You have two problems. First your graphics driver is more than a year old you need to upgrade it. Go to Nvidia.com to download the upgrade. I also recommend that you download Geforce experience which will help keeping the driver up to date and also can help configure the card to work best with your games.

Second and more important you have changed the game to run in 32bit and you say you just bought two Expansion. All recent Expansions require 64bit so change the game back to run 64bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 7 (336 Views)