Sims 4 Stuck on White Screen PC

by mgsanchez16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Stuck on White Screen PC

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought sims cats and dog expansion and ever since every time I try to open the game it launches but gets stuck on a white screen, I can still hear the music from the main menu but it's just white and I can't close it so I have to restart my computer. I tried moving the files from the original file, inputting -w in the game's properties. I don't have any mods. HELP!

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Stuck on White Screen PC

@mgsanchez16  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you still get the white screen even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (453 Views)

All Replies

@mgsanchez16  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you still get the white screen even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict It worked perfectly! Do you know how can I recover my data? like all my households and houses
Message 3 of 5 (431 Views)

@mgsanchez16  Your saves are stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and your saved builds and households in Tray in the same folder.  Everything you've created is now in the old Sims 4 folder you moved, so you just need to copy the files and paste them into the new Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  It's best to copy and paste, not drag and drop, so you still have backup copies in the old Sims 4 folder you moved.  Please also delete any files in the new saves and Tray folders before copying over your existing content.

Message 4 of 5 (414 Views)

★ Novice

Standard smileThank you I also had the same issue and this fixed it!

Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)