Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

by kaitlynmerry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

★★★★ Novice
I recently downloaded custom content for the first time and loved it so much. I opened the game and it worked fine. The next night, I got some more custom content and when I went to load the game, it froze on the Sims 4 startup screen. I tried restarting my computer, but it still didn't work. I got tired and left my laptop on overnight. When I woke up the next day, the sims had loaded up. I couldnt play as I had to leave, so I shut the game down. When I got back and tried to open it up, the game froze again. I've been waiting to see how long it takes it to load for 30+ minutes now and it's starting to get annoying. I'm not sure why my game isn't loading up quickly anymore as it used to load up within seconds. Can anyone help me fix this?
Message 1 of 15 (105,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen

★★★★ Novice

One of my CC items was not compatible with the game. I had to go through all my CC to see which one was causing the issue. Once I discovered which one it was, I removed it from the game and the game ran fine. If you also have this issue, try using the half and half solution to discover which CC item is causing the issue and remove it from the game.

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (114,718 Views)

All Replies

Could you try taking out the mods folder? See how the game runs without.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 15 (105,514 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im having the same problem, when i remove mods folder it starts up fine but as soon as i put a single CC file in the mod folder it sticks on the title screen.

Message 3 of 15 (105,500 Views)

Hero

@seekay84 Answered your thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Game-wont-start-crashes-on-title-screen/m-p/5985918

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (105,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One of my CC items was not compatible with the game. I had to go through all my CC to see which one was causing the issue. Once I discovered which one it was, I removed it from the game and the game ran fine. If you also have this issue, try using the half and half solution to discover which CC item is causing the issue and remove it from the game.

Message 5 of 15 (114,719 Views)

★ Apprentice

I took out my mods folder and my game STILL does not work! HELP!!!

Message 6 of 15 (105,366 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (105,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same for me!! note; i make separate folders for different things like hair, and shirts and what not, and so i tried taking those folders out bc that morning i added some new cc that i had downloaded and since then i couldn't get on. and so i removed the two folders and it still freezes, and idk what to do

Message 8 of 15 (103,161 Views)

Hero

Hi @craycraysimmer3

is that all the mods/cc you have ? Did you try taking everything out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (103,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you have 300+ mods/cc and only one of them refuses to let your game start? Do you know how to find the exact file that is screwing your experience up?

Message 10 of 15 (81,152 Views)