I just got on my system to play Sims 4. Origin told me it needed an update so I let that run first. Now, every time I try to launch it, it goes to the main screen and gives me an error message that the Sims 4 has stopped working and that I must close the game. I went to Origin and did the fix on the game. When I restarted after that it at least let me start one of my saved games. But a few minutes in I got the same error.
My system info is attached. Help?
February 2018 - last edited February 2018
That's not a complete Dxdiag, could you try running it again? Would be nice if there were some error reports on Origin or TS4 and the error reports are not in yours
If it might be your user files, this is something you could do. Resetting your user files to factory settings. It might be enough to remove the mods folder if you use mods, but this way will also find those problems
If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!
Hi, I followed your directions above.
1) attached is the Dxdiag that I ran by following the directions you sent. I do see error files in my Sims folder so I will include some of those in case it helps.
2) I don't believe I use any Mods. There is only one document in the Mods folder and it is the same size as the new one the game created when I followed your instructions to rename my Sims 4 folder and let the game recreate it again.
3) it seems like my crashing happened when I moved over the Tray folder. I hope I don't have to reload everything.
Could this possibly have anything to do with my changing one of the city penthouse's to a commercial restaurant? I wouldn't think so as I set it all up like a working restaurant but it's something I did recently. I also downloaded a "plant nursery" but I played that for many times before this happened.
Thanks for any input you have and I'm crossing my fingers not to have to reload the game and lose my current setup.
The dxdiag does still not show the part I want it to..No idea why though :P
Did you run the 64bit version? What happens if you have without running that version?
It should not have anything to do with the penthouse.
1. I tried to check the LastCrash but they're really hard to understand. The Sims Team might be able to check it if we cannot find out anything though.
2. No, if you only have the resource.cfg, you do not have mods.
3. But did the game work when you ran it without the Tray Folder?
The tray is your local library, could you try to find out which file/files in the folder is causing problems?
Start by this:
The first thing I said was to move your mods folder to the desktop, so you have no mods in the game, did you do that, or just backe a backup?
The other thing I need is the dxdiag, please post it (link in post above)
I followed the instructions and have no mods for this game and yet, mine still crashes. I don't know why it's doing this. I haven't played the game for a few months, but it worked perfectly fine before it updated.