Sims 4 Stopped Working After Update

by 0dclareb0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Stopped Working After Update

★★★ Novice

On the 16/11/17 Origin had updated my game by itself. It was the second day of me having Sims 4 Cats & Dog.

I clicked on the game, it loads the EA screen and Sims 4 screen.. then it kind of crashes? It sticks on the sims 4 screen for about a minute then the Close button, Windowed button & Minimise button pops up in the middle of the screen. There's no picture, just sound. Even if I hover over the icon on the taskbar that shows nothing as well. 

It doesn't let me close it because I can't actually see a menu or anything.

I contacted support and did what they said. Cleared cache, boot reset or something, took my laptop battery out and waited. I've repaired my game, uninstalled my antivirus and got it back again.

I'm not sure what's happening but I'm really annoyed as I just got the game and I was really looking forward to spending my weekend playing.

If someone could help me, that would be amazing. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3 (859 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Stopped Working After Update

★★★ Novice

Okay, so I actually fixed the problem.

I went offline mode in origin and now my sims game works. I hope this helps other people.

I think the new update is conflicting with the online community. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,017 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @0dclareb0

are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (845 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, so I actually fixed the problem.

I went offline mode in origin and now my sims game works. I hope this helps other people.

I think the new update is conflicting with the online community. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,018 Views)