Re: Sims 4 Steam issue for Origin content?! Please Help

by Coley666

Original Post

Sims 4 Steam issue for Origin content?! Please Help

★★★★ Novice

So, I had heard Origin was going away, so I bought Sims 4 on Steam. But it wouldn't let me launch it. So I installed it a second time. Having 2 installs of Sims 4. However I didn't see ANY of my DLC in the Steam Window. So I uninstalled the Steam version of Sims 4. But it ended up taking off both copies. Then I had went to redownload it off Origin and it would ONLY let me download the base game through Steam. 

So my issue now, is that I have 1 copy of the game, through Steam. But it says I have NO DLC in Steam. Origin says I still have EVERY DLC pack, but they need to be downloaded, but clicking on download does nothing. When I launch Sims 4, it still has all the Pack icons lit up. Like what have I done to my game?! And I'm concerned since I've already Pre-Ordered Snowy Escape through Origin.

Like, what do I do?

Also, I just launched Sims 4, and when I go to play it, none of the additional content is actually available.

Message 1 of 6 (4,732 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Origin is being replaced so you can still play all of your games through it. There's no need to repurchase everything through Steam, just keep playing through Origin.

I would make sure every scrap of Sims is removed from your computer, then reinstall through Origin again.

Message 2 of 6 (4,677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to do that today, but in Origin it just kept trying to log into my steam to install it. Then I got it to where there were no sims files on my PC. While logging out of Steam. Then it just said Details, and I couldn't install the base game at all. Unless I click on a pack, and then it tries to download the base game through Steam. Like would uninstalling Steam even work to fix it, do you know? 

Like I use Steam for other games, but after seeing how wonky it is, I'd rather just keep Origin only for my sims games atm.

Message 3 of 6 (4,675 Views)

@Thornwood-Hollow  When you buy the Sims 4 base game on Steam, it supercedes the copy in Origin, and from then on Origin will direct you to Steam to install the game.  I take it this Steam account is still linked to this Origin account?  If not, that would explain why Steam isn't picking up your Origin content.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Steam might help with the issue, that is if you want to keep playing through Steam.  While you're at it, clear Origin's cache and uninstall it "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer before installing both Steam and Origin.  Once they're installed, download the Sims 4 base game from Steam, then see whether you can install your packs from either Steam or Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (4,657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I have steam linked to Origin. But I refunded the Steam copy due to this all. Meaning I only own origin stuff. Preferably I'd only use Origin anyhow. But it won't let me play without having both Steam and Origin running. It also won't list my dlc on Steam, just Origin, and only lets me download the base game through Steam. Even though I no longer technically own it on steam.

Message 5 of 6 (4,631 Views)

@Thornwood-Hollow  Then try clearing Origin's cache, as described in the link above.  (Restart your computer afterwards.)  If that doesn't help, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (4,615 Views)