Sims 4 Start-Up Glitch & Black Screen

by CurtisDTL

Original Post

Sims 4 Start-Up Glitch & Black Screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought the game because I decided "Why not? It's been years since I've played any Sims game." The game has not worked for me, and I've tried everything listed so far, and also other ideas as to how I might be able to solve this problem. Here's my Dxdiag attached so you can look at the specs. It runs Sims 2 no problem, and I play more demanding online games than this with my laptop with no struggles at all. I know this is an older thread, but it would be awesome to get some help into fixing this.

Message 1 of 4 (461 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Start-Up Glitch & Black Screen

Hero

Hi @CurtisDTL 

split your post so you have your own thread. Makes it easier to troubleshoot.

Your graphics chip is a bit low and your drivers are 7 years old. It should still run on this chip though but I would start by updating the drivers from the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com

Did you always get a black screen on starting ?

Do you get any errors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

I've updated my drivers, and it still was not working, I've tried some of the tips again, and still not working. I always got black screen on starting, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)

Hero
Hm. Your DxDiag still show the drivers being from 2012. Did you rerun DxDiag ? Did you download the drivers and install that way ?

Have you tried a clean boot yet ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (381 Views)