Re: Sims 4 Sounds cut out, can't exit game and mouths don't move

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
I see some errors with Microsoft Corporation.AudioPlaybackDiagnostic.4.5

Also your audio drivers are a bit dated. Maybe updating them could help ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 15 (603 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin 

I'm struggling to find where to download updates for my sound drivers, like I've done Windows updates and they're apparently up to date. But I'm also messaging you with something else I've just found. Sims 4 is not the only game with this issue. 

I've just played recently started playing C&C Red Alert 3 again and the same issue happened with that. A little reminder: the sound cuts out and I can't exit the game unless I sign out and sign back into my computer or use task manager before I hit "Exit Game". I'm now suspecting this is an Origin problem, not just the games. 

I think I'll email EA's help desk to see what they say. 

Hope this sheds some more light. 

James 

Message 12 of 15 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Anarchy9009 

You can find the newest Audio driver at the Gigabyte website of your Motherboard.

Because you are still using Windows build 17134 you can install [6.0.8703.1] or [8586]

[6.0.8703.1] is for the newest Windows 10 build, [8586] is for build 17763 which is still one build higher than the build you are using right now.

Install the driver this way:

• Download the driver from the Gigaybyte website.
  • shut down any not necessary programs in the background. (including your virus scanners real time protection, go offline if you feel insecure about this.)
  • shut down any and all system monitoring programs and any overlooking tools you might have.
  • Run the installation EXE.
  • Reboot > test.

There are also several BIOS updates available, you should think about updating your BIOS too, that however is not completely without risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 13 of 15 (568 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys. Thanks for the help and everything. I've updated my sound driver to the latest one now, but that still turned out to be a dead end. HOWEVER, I feel pretty confident that I've FINALLY found the solution. 

I think that it's not any of the games on Origin, though it was affecting my Origin games mostly this glitch, nor was it the update of my sound driver. I've noticed this notification turn up on my PC saying "you've plugged in an audio device" spring up, then suddenly disappear. So looking online, I've found some have said that you can disable this notification, though I think it's because it annoys them when their PC makes a noise and gives you a notification whilst your busy. Not only that, but I've plugged my speakers into the front port now instead of the back to see if that would make a difference. So possibly one of the two solutions were found and I hope it may help someone else who has said on here they've experienced it. 

Solution 1: The PC notification interrupted my gameplay and caused instability (before on my laptop, if I got a notification about my antivirus software or my PC needed to restart, it would pull me out of the game and require immediate action). Because it couldn't pop me out of the game, or tell my whilst I was in game, it threw a wobbler and decided "NO SOUND FOR YOU!". I've only noticed it does this with all my Origin games. My Steam games stop for a brief moment and then continue as normal but it was enough for me to question if something was wrong with my PC's hardware or even software. 

Solution 2: There's possibly a problem with my audio jack at the back of my PC that has been causing these glitches. Switching over the port to another audio jack may solved this issue, though I didn't test this out after disabling notifications about the audio device.

I can play for hours on end now and there would be no glitching, but I'm still a little suspicious about whether or not this has worked. Feel free to label this as an accepted solution if you think it has worked out too. If it doesn't work out... I may go nuclear on my PC and restart everything from scratch! 

Shoutout to Crinrict for your help! 

Happy gaming, guys and girls! 

Message 14 of 15 (3,034 Views)

Hero
@Anarchy9009 I'm going to mark this as solved but you can always come back and unsolve should the issue come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 15 (508 Views)