Re: Sims 4 - Slow and Lagging performance Since Dec 2020 Update

by Blood0rchid

Original Post

Sims 4 - Slow and Lagging performance Since Dec 2020 Update

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game its lagging slow and overall much worse since version Nov 2020 update
What happens when the bug occurs? see above
What do you expect to see? smooth game play as before update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest EA Sims 4 update December 2020

Since December 2020 update the game has been slow and lagging in speed and processes I have read the forums and most other players seem to have this issue I have messaged your twitter support team whom I spent 5 hours going through troubleshooting I have attached the necessary files dxdiag and systeminfo32 but still no further forward latest graphics and even installed the laughable EA Desktop app which didn't help anything I have also deleted all save and even played the game without any packs or expansions but is still lagging. The "expert" suggested lowering the graphical settings but it is ridiculous to lower my settings when I have never needed to do so before the Sims 4 update, nevertheless I have done so and it only made my game ugly and slow. The "expert" didn't respond to my suggestion that it seemed weird that I can play Forza Horizon 4 on full spec 60fps and GTA V on full spec 60fps but Sims 4 vanilla full graphics is 20-30fps. again after 5 hours the "Expert" then fobbed me off here and - again - I am no further forward if anyone at EA can make a serious suggestion or release a patch that could fix this issue please do so otherwise the +1500 hours put into Sims 4 will be pretty much a waste. and before any EA staff gets excited - this is not due to bloated saves.

Message 1 of 3 (760 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.  Especially when switching from BUILD to LIVE or vice versa...

Message 2 of 3 (741 Views)

@RebeccaHands  I'm not sure of everything EA support suggested you do, so I might end up repeating something; sorry about that.  But please do the following to establish a baseline for game performance:

• Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts
  • Restart your computer, and don't open anything aside from Origin
  • Put Origin in offline mode before launching the game
  • Start a new save in Willow Creek, and let me know what fps you get
  • (Playing on default graphics settings is fine)

Please also run a new dxdiag and attach it to a post.  I can't see the one you uploaded for EA customer support; we don't have access to that info.  And it would be most helpful to see one from immediately after you played this most recent time as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (721 Views)