Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

by MystressLeena

Original Post

Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

★★ Novice
My game recently updated and after the update my Sims won't cook. They will buy the ingredients start the process and in the middle of chopping the food they will stop and do the "Cant reach it" motion. I've repaired my game, moved counters deleted counters everything and nothing is working! What do I do??
Message 1 of 20 (15,668 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

Champion (Retired)

@MystressLeena

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Message 2 of 20 (15,634 Views)

★★ Novice
I removed all my mods and they still won't cook. I dont understand what's going on...
Message 3 of 20 (15,503 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MystressLeena

Hm, maybe this then. Doing this we can find out if it might be a corrupted save or such, please follow the instructions to the t Standard smile

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 4 of 20 (15,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mines doing this too! It was fine a little while ago, but now whenever I try to have my sim cook, she starts it, but in the middle the action cancels and it gives me the "Theres something in my way" bubble, SPecifically the counter. I've tried moving the food, switching counters, restarting my game, etc. Please help my sim is hungry lmao

Message 5 of 20 (15,486 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fallentowns

And you do not have any mods or cc? When did this start?

Message 6 of 20 (15,480 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do have mods and CC but the thing is, it started randomly, like I didn't add any cc or anything, actually I didn't even close my game, one minute she could cook, next she couldnt.
Message 7 of 20 (15,469 Views)

★★ Novice
I finally figured out what was going on with mine. I decided to remove the counters and buy a new Stove by its self. It worked then I added everything back. It stopped working. I realized that the way I built my kitchen I had one of the counters glitching into the stove with the move objects cheat so I changed that and I removed any clutter that I had on or close to my stove. Everything works just fine now. Not as cute as I like it 😒 but im glad it works.
Message 8 of 20 (15,463 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MystressLeena

Great that you got it to work at least! Maybe you can try adding some clutter back at a time and then try it again.

@fallentowns

The game works in mysterious ways. Please check if it's the same for all households to know if it's game issue or kitchen issue Standard smile

Message 9 of 20 (15,452 Views)

Dot.: Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

★★★ Newbie
I have a similar problem I’m sure I have enough counter space I have a corner counter and a regular counter. The other counters have clutter and a microwave and a sink can that be the problem? I also have the old fashon oven but I already tried switching ovens and removing clutter and it still did not work.
Message 10 of 20 (14,838 Views)