Sims 4- Sims not eligible to age up.

by dfyntrble

Original Post

Sims 4- Sims not eligible to age up.

★★ Novice

Since the new Oct. 1 patch, my Sims are no longer eligible to age up. I try using a birthday cake and I get a message that says: your Sims are not eligible to age. Babies are also ineligible to age. They don't even get the prompt anymore for aging up. I can't use cheats to age them up either. Help? 

I thought I had a corrupted file, so I went and deleted all my saved games to see if that would reset the game. That didn't seem to work. I started a new game and I'm still having the same issue. I even went into the saved files and permanently deleted everything from the Sims 4 folder just to be sure, and still nothing. 

Should I uninstall and reinstall? I'd rather not, but if I have to, I suppose I will. 

Message 1 of 10 (10,127 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Sims not eligible to age up.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I am having the same problem but it only started today. I was convinced it has something to do with the size of the household because I have four women and their children in the same house. None of these four babies have the age up option, and all four women are ineligible to use the birthday cake. I took one away with her child and tried to initiate aging in her own household but that doesn't work either. I don't know if it's the same for you, but my whole town is frozen in their ages. I am curious if you use any mods. I use a mod to allow teen pregnancy and various other script mods, such as simocide. Maybe there is a specific mod reaction built into the game to stop it from working. The only thing I can think of to do is talk to someone from EA, and that is why I am going to start a live chat with an EA employee in a moment. If they tell me how to fix this, I shall let you know.

***UPDATE**

As per usual, their chat servers are down, but I think I have found a fix! Temporarily turn aging on and age up whoever, then turn it off again! This may only be a temporary fix to a permanent problem, but I will still be persuing contact with an EA employee. I hope this works for you!

Message 2 of 10 (9,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you turn ages on?

Message 3 of 10 (9,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie
While in the game go > Game options > Game play > turn auto age on ?
Message 4 of 10 (9,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thx so much
Message 5 of 10 (8,931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For some reason no mater what I do I cannot get a menu to age up babies? I know I am not alone in this as I have read about this issue till my brain feels like it is blowing up!! Is there a fix for this or do we have to have babies forever? This has just begun as a month ago I was able to age up the babies. Please if there is a solution to this problem let me know.TY

Message 6 of 10 (8,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has not worked for me ;(

Message 7 of 10 (8,607 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (8,597 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem with a child.  So I played another household that had a child and was able to age that child up to a teen with no problem.  I went back to the household where I encountered the problem and I still get the message the child is ineligible to age up.  So, it's just that child in that household.  Will try turning aging on as you did and see if that works.

Message 9 of 10 (7,577 Views)

@luxana49 please have a look at this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-can-t-age-up-even-though-the-bar-is-full... It's a recent bug.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (7,572 Views)