Sims 4 - Sims missing from UI and other glitches

by adonisplant

Original Post

Sims 4 - Sims missing from UI and other glitches

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing a very strange glitch in that whenever I attempt to load a household, the camera pans over the selected house in map view and stays there. The above UI is still usable.

The only way I'm able to get into live mode is by creating a new world, creating my family and moving them in, and then when I move them in, they're all missing and no other sims spawn in the neighborhood. It's just empty. It's similar to the missing portrait glitch from Sims 3, except this time ALL sims are missing no matter what. 

It's not a mod glitch, I've removed my entire mods folder and it's still happening. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I own Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat, purchased through Origin. My game is fully up to date.

Here are some screenshots to give you a better of idea of what's happening.

No sims in the bottom screen UI

Zoom on selected house in map view when trying to load household

Sims missing from UI again in map view when selecting household

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know. The game is unplayable aside from CAS. I'm not sure if this glitch has been experienced by anyone else before so I'm starting to freak out a little. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (5,867 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Sims missing from UI and other glitches

★★★★ Novice

Same here dude.

I am so angry because of this.

Message 2 of 4 (5,814 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

----------------------

The Zoom in issue does seem to stick after mods are taken out but I'm unsure if it's not caused by mods in the first place.

For the missing UI, could you upload your save game somewhere and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (5,807 Views)

★★ Novice

The annoying thing with me, is that it's just one sim. I have the other members of the household. I. Hate. It. Anyway, I tried to add them back into the household but it said that they had already moved in.

Message 4 of 4 (3,329 Views)