Re: Sims 4 Sims leaving work after any loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 Sims leaving work after any loading screen

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim comes home from work after a loading screen- whether I'm loading up the lot for the first time, whether another sim is returning home, or if I played a different lot while they were at work.
What do you expect to see? I should be seeing free movement around the Sims worlds, instead of having to choose between a huge pay cut and bad job performance or being held hostage in a house that's empty for 8 hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time my sim goes to work, if I leave the lot for any reason, even if it's to exit the game, when I come back before work my sim will return early, with a HUGE pay cut and poor performance. This makes rotational play impossible, and it's extremely irritating. I haven't experienced this before, and I'm not sure whether it's since last week's patch or not. It doesn't happen with both sims who live there, one sim is in an active career that I'm not playing (just sending him to work) and he doesn't come home early- but he does get less money than he's supposed to. My other sim was in the business career, and in case it was a  bug related just to that career I had her quit and join the astronaut career. It's doing the same thing. I've read the previous thread about this issue from last year (?), but it was locked so I made a new one. I couldn't find any solution, it just seems like it was supposed to have been fixed in a patch. I removed all of my mods to test whether it was mod/cc related and it still happens. If anyone has any solutions or ways to report it as a bug, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (617 Views)

Hero
@rellerellen are you giving your Sims any lunch packs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm not. I did see that in the original post, but forgot to address it in my post. But I don't use the sack lunches.

Message 3 of 8 (571 Views)

Hero
@rellerellen I've tested this on my own game and can't replicate anymore. For me it's still fixed.

Could you try a new save for testing purposes (one that never saw any mods/cc) and try if it happens there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (544 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did and it's not doing it in the new save without cc/mods- I tested it in another household in my original save as well (with mods) and it didn't do it then either. It seems specific to this one household I have, mods or no. 

I should also mention I tried repairing the game as well and it had no effect.

Message 5 of 8 (524 Views)

Hero

Hi @rellerellen 

would you be willing to share your save with me ?

Instructions are in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (476 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@rellerellen Tagging for save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (457 Views)

Hero
@rellerellen Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (451 Views)