Sims 4- Sims don't have skins

by Misstaken1909

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4- Sims don't have skins

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have The Sims 4. I hadn't played in a while but recently got the urge to play. After opening Origin I found that I had to update my game which I did. After that I started a new family and game. But once my sim started her job at the hospital I noticed that a lot of the computer generated Sims were striped of their skins. Its like they are down to their basic form. I tried restarting the game, clicking "repair" from the origin menu, clearing the cashe, and even uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing has worked. Does anyone else have this problem? I have no custom content on my game. I honestly don't even know how to do that lol. 

Message 1 of 2 (743 Views)

Re: Sims 4- Sims don't have skins

Hero (Retired)
@Misstaken1909

Some files in your game folder in Documents have been damaged. Reinstalling and repair only applies to the installation folder in Program Files. It will not repair the "saves" folder and damaged files. You need to replace these files with new ones.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play by 15 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step. 9. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save.
However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.

The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (715 Views)