Sims 4 - Sims Jump/Skip

by Nakatomi_Uk

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 - Sims Jump/Skip

★ Guide

As of right now my girlfriend is playing Sims 4 with the latest patch and Cottage Expansion, her Sims career is the Decorator job. And as she is showing the other Sims what she has changed or before she's even started decorating if she goes up any flight of stairs they all literally jump up to that floor like teleport.

This the got her character stuck outside on top of the house doorway and I had to do the console command to enable cheats to use the teleporter Cheat to get him down.

As of late Sims are not responding to commands again I've reset Sims I've cleared cache I have every driver up to date, windows 10 is up to date. Ever since the latest expansion it's got worse

Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Sims Jump/Skip

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same thing, except my sims walk in circles around each other when they get to the first floor. 

And now, my sim is walking in circles around herself whilst walking her dog.

Message 2 of 5 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nakatomi_Uk  There's a bug report related to sims teleporting up or down stairs:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-not-visible-to-player-teleport-abort-interactions/td...

@Nakatomi_Uk  As for the sims not responding to commands, does this happen with all commands, or only when sims have to travel some distance?  If you're not sure, please test with a few sims immediately next to the object you want them to use.

@annesondergaard  Are your sims also teleporting, or are they only walking in circles, which would be a different issue?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

They're doing both. But mostly walking in circles.

Message 4 of 5 (245 Views)

@annesondergaard  As a test, please move your sims to a new lot, one made by Maxis and not altered by you in any way, and let me know whether the sims still walk in circles.  You don't need to save your progress when you're done.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)