Re: Sims 4: Sim won't complete actions.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with my San Myshuno residents, too! Never with any of the other sims from other worlds. I don't have the same issue if I reset to factory settings. I only had a few mods to begin with, so I've removed them all. I've tried removing all my tray files, all my save files, moved them all back one at a time, different combinations, etc. Nothing has fixed the issue so far. It's frustrating, because that's where I've spent the most time building and developing households. 

Message 21 of 26 (2,385 Views)

@NattyElaine  When you say you don't have the issue after doing a factory reset, when does it recur?  It's worth trying to run one of your existing saves in an otherwise clean Sims 4 folder, as in, do the factory reset, copy over one save, and see how it goes.  Since you're copying and pasting the save rather than dragging and dropping, you can freely experiment on the new copy while the old one remains intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 26 (2,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever find a solution? My sims keep doing this and like yourself it's been happening for a while its so annoying 🙄!

Message 23 of 26 (2,332 Views)

@sandiestee  There are a number of reasons this happens.  Please start by testing a new save, for comparison: it would be useful to know whether you see the same issues.

If the new save is affected, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also describe in more detail what you're seeing, both what happens and whether there's any pattern to it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 26 (2,318 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@babybeetlejuice No, unfortunately I haven't had this problem mine's all different!
Message 25 of 26 (2,034 Views)

★ Novice

I know that I’m a bit late to the party, but for anyone who needs more help on this, I know that if you reset your sim by typing into the cheat code box “resetSim [first name] [last name]” it resets you Sim and gets them moving again. Don’t worry, though, all their skills, job, relationships, etc will all remain the same. It just clears any bugs that are in the way of the coding.  I don’t know if it will COMPLETELY stop this from happening ever again, but I know it’s one of the fastest fixes I’ve used so far!

Message 26 of 26 (1,817 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help