Sims 4| Sim died when not on lot, can't find urn

by sophie-ms5

Original Post

Sims 4| Sim died when not on lot, can't find urn

★★★ Novice

Hi! A while ago I created my perfect sim family, two parents and four kids. The kids grew up and I got bored of the family, so I went and "experimented" (totally didn't try to kill a family in every way I could) with some other sims + families. Around last week I decided to go back to the "perfect family", only to discover the mom had died and the dad was literally on the verge of death - the grim reaper was there. I CAS edited the family so that the dad was young again, but I couldn't find the mom. I searched the lot but there was no urn or tombstone to be found. I've even gone so far to actually add the Grim Reaper to my family, wrote the Book of Life, cooked up some Ambrosia, but I still have no idea where the Mom went. There's no ghost of her, either..

Could someone please tell me where she went? I suppose I could just get another mom from the library, but it wouldn't be as exciting as she wouldn't have the same memories or be the same person.

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 9 (43,261 Views)

Re: Sims 4| Sim died when not on lot, can't find urn

Hero

NPCs don't leave urns unless you're there to witness the dead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (43,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

If by NPC you mean Non player character, it was a player character. I had made the mom. 

Message 3 of 9 (43,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do sims not leave an urn or tombstone when they die and no one's on the plot, even if you created them? Wow, good job EA!

Message 4 of 9 (43,227 Views)

Hero

@simsparadise55 wrote:

If by NPC you mean Non player character, it was a player character. I had made the mom. 

But from your description you weren't playing the household at the time the mom died, right ?

Any Sim can become a NPC if they are not the active family.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (43,221 Views)

★ Novice

That is totally JANK! I step away to check on another family that I am playing (Because YOU EA set it up so I could play multiple families) and now one of my founding legacy sims is just GONE? I love the way that you can have multiple active households but that will just kill it if I am always losing my ghosts/urns. And so now if I "release" her husband's ghost from his urn he'll disappear completely? At least that's what I'm understanding here. Like from the family tree and EVERYTHING!?!  but wifey is dead, no urn to release her from so she is immortalized in the family tree but there is NO WAY to recall her ghost. How hard would it have been for her urn to show up in the family inventory or something. REALLY?!?!?!?!

There has got to be a workaround for this. HELP!

Message 6 of 9 (43,095 Views)

When you let them go, yes they will be gone forever. I suggest going back one save. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 9 (43,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes,  this was a bad decision on EA's part (at least from a gamer's point of view...they may have had other issues on their minds at the time).  I also noticed they have changed how the family trees work now that I'm not happy about.  I like to have one sim in my game who acts as the "pollinator" (if you will) to keep my neighborhoods growing.  I noticed families were stagnating and not having children.  Guess the men were all impotent maybe from playing too many video games?  Anywho....I have this one sim go around and get jiggy with all the women in the hood of childbearing years and once I had a guy who'd fathered 28 different children with different moms.  It was fabulous.  The family tree was quite the tangle though.

Anyway, eventually that game crashed.  Imagine that.   So I started that experiment again after leaving it fallow for some time and several patches and now I look and I don't see the connections to the moms.  All I see are the children linked to the dad.  If I click on the child's avatar it brings up that kid's connections to his mom and the dad but if I'm looking at the man's tree it doesn't show who he had the child with.  BOOO!!!   I liked it the old way.  Made it easier remembering all the ones he'd knocked up and who he still needed to get to.   

But back to the issue of the missing urns.  I noticed the Baer family were aging and I was going to go and use CAS to make them young adults again but didn't get to it before Candy died BUT when I went and played that lot I noticed her sister had no memory or relation to her sister who had been in the game previously.  That is kind of odd but I guess they were just considered NPCs so they never really had any relationship with each other and there is no way to recover her.

Message 8 of 9 (12,937 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @FlamingoKicker,

This is an old thread and things have changed since. It would be best to open a new thread to discuss things are they are now if you'd like to have that chat with the community, share feedback or swap game knowledge/workarounds, etc.

I'll close this in the meantime to limit any further necroing.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (12,780 Views)