Sims 4 Seasons isn't working

by pinmat135

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Seasons isn't working

★★★★★ Novice

Ok. So, Sims 4 was working fine. And then, today, Seasons came out and downloaded because I preordered it. I opened it and made a household with the new stuff, and everything was working. Then I chose a season - Fall - and placed them on a lot, and twenty minutes later, I'm still waiting for it to load so I can play. Why isn't this working? I was SO excited for Sims 4 Seasons, and I really want it to work.

Message 1 of 17 (12,936 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Seasons isn't working

Hero

Hi @pinmat135

are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (17,207 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @pinmat135

are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (17,208 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you SO MUCH @crinrict! It worked. I think it was MC Command Center... I'm currently freaking out over Seasons which is INCREDIBLE. It's even better than I imagined!

Message 3 of 17 (12,875 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello!

i was having the same problem, so glad I’m not alone! Do you know for sure if it was mccommand center? Because I wanna know if that’s the main one!

Message 4 of 17 (12,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, it was definitely MC Command center! I had the same issue but after removing it I was fine Standard smile

Message 5 of 17 (12,372 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having issues with Seasons and I have no CC or mods in my game. I can't get the game to load past the logo. There's also no sound, which was my first tip off something wasn't right.

Message 6 of 17 (11,387 Views)

★★ Pro

@DrunkenTransman

You might try these tips to see if they help:

1. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

2. Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

3. You might try updating your graphics drivers.

Finding devices and updating drivers on your PC
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Restart the computer, to help the computer refresh itself, and try the the game again.

Message 7 of 17 (11,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to help my 11 year old daughter fix her game. I doubt she has CC or mods - where would I look for it? Also, I don't find repair game - either it's not visible or it's grey - nor available.

Message 8 of 17 (11,225 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi @Pingrid07, if you are on a Mac or pc the cc/mods should be in the documents folder. Thesims4 > electronic arts > mods. Check if you have mods in the game then simply remove them and try to narrow it down to which one it could be. If that does not work and you do not have any mods/cc simply restart you mac or pc and see if that works. If that does not work, restart you’re sims game.
Message 9 of 17 (11,207 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me, I've had the same problem as a couple other people and I have taken mc command centre out of my mods folder however, if I load into my game click on the household I want to play and then I click play but I am stuck in the loading screen for hours on end. Should I try taking out all of my cc or mods? Obviously I would prefer if I don't have to because I have quite a few cc items but apart from mc command centre which I removed I have no mods. I've tried resarting computer and my game but nothing has worked, I can't load into a household. This also means I haven't experienced seasons yet! 😢 

I hope you might be able to help me! 

Thank you, 

Erryberry25

Message 10 of 17 (11,068 Views)