Re: Sims 4 Seasons isn't working

by clareabscott

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I think script mods are causing the problem. I haven't done much testing but when I removed the script mod I had (Mc command center) the game operated perfectly with all the rest of the custom content I had. Most people download command center because it makes inputting cheats easier, but it's easy to forget you even have it or that its very different from custom content. I'm not a computer wiz or anything but I think its because script mods rely on core functions of the game and the new update seems to have tweaked them a little, whether purposefully or accidentally. This may not be the case for all of the problems and I don't know how to test this properly, but I think some people may get good results if they move any script mods out of the mod folder. Custom content didn't seem to cause a problem for me afterwards. 

I know script mods do need to be updated on occasion after a game changes, so just check in the mod page on occasion to see if a new version is out.

Sorry for the long reply but I hope this helps solve the issue and explains why the issue happened in the first place. Have a great day!

Message 11 of 17 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have the same issue i hate when ea doesn't fix things 

Message 12 of 17 (806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not have MCCC and the same issue has popped up for me ;-;

Message 13 of 17 (736 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't use mods or custom content and origin is not running any game and Sims 4 has minimised and crashed since I downloaded seasons. Any ideas?
Message 14 of 17 (702 Views)

Hero

Hi everyone

if you have issues like crashing, error messages or loading issues, but no mods, it's best if make your own threads, providing as much info as you can.

• Post your DxDiag: To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/. You can attach the txt file to your post directly.
  • Give a screenshot of any error messages you might get
  • Tell us exactly at what point your game crashes and how often
  • and whatever else seems important.

This will help us to help you efficiently. If you just post: I have this issue too but no mods in a thread that has multiple pages, it's usually next to impossible to help.

Please also refer to the Help us Helpers to help you thread in my siggy.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (695 Views)

★ Novice

I took out all of my script mods and I still have the issue of not getting past the loading screen. /sad/

Message 16 of 17 (627 Views)

Hero
Did you take out ALL your mods/cc ? Tuning mods can just as much be the culprit and sometimes even cc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (619 Views)