Re: Sims 4 Seasons glitches and Issues

by reikacitro

Original Post

Hero

Hi @reikacitro

that sounds mod related as well. Are you using any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (804 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @reikacitro

Hi crinrict,

I am using the following mods (all updated for Seasons or still working):

- UI_cheats_extension

- moxiemason_nomosaic_toddlerupdate_15012017

- Build Buy Mode Unlocker by Scripthoge

- Satisfaction cheat by scumbumbo

- Reset Bathing Outfi by Lynire

I don't think they are related to the problem but I'll take them out and try again and tell you if ot worked.

Thank you!

reikacitro

Message 12 of 19 (796 Views)

★ Apprentice

@reikacitro wrote:

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @reikacitro

Hi crinrict,

I am using the following mods (all updated for Seasons or still working):

- UI_cheats_extension

- moxiemason_nomosaic_toddlerupdate_15012017

- Build Buy Mode Unlocker by Scripthoge

- Satisfaction cheat by scumbumbo

- Reset Bathing Outfi by Lynire

I don't think they are related to the problem but I'll take them out and try again and tell you if ot worked.

Thank you!

reikacitro

Okay, I tried it without the mods and also deleted the cache-files and repaired the game via Origin. 

Problem remains unsolved and my Sims keep resetting themselves in front of the tv Frown

Message 13 of 19 (789 Views)

Hero

Do you have any lastexception files in your doc folder ?

Also try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (776 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Yes, in fact I have quite a few of them. They appear to be old ones from 2016. What shall I do with them?

I will try everything you proposed - thank you so much for trying to help! Standard smile

Message 15 of 19 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Also try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

It seems that I succeeded in isolating the problem: 

- Romerjon17's Mc Donald's CC which you can download here: <removed link. Please only name cc/mods at AHQ. Linking is against the TOS>

I suspect it's the file with the "digital menu" since it's a tv clone?

Anyhow, now it's working again - only a few more (real) bugs left to solve Standard smile

Message 16 of 19 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The wallpaper and flooring issue has something to do with roofs. Unfortunately, until this is fixed in another patch, you will need to delete the roof.
Message 17 of 19 (697 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having a issue with the umbrella, a sim visited my household while it was raining, and after she had left i noticed an umbrella standing on the ground outside my front door. I couldt pick it up because it wasnt my sims's property. so sow theres an stuck umbrella in my driveway.. very decorative

Message 18 of 19 (583 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ZeepeX

In build mode delete it with the sledgehammer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 19 (575 Views)