Sims 4 Seasons crashing without error message

by KaseyTwirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Seasons crashing without error message

★★ Novice

Purchased seasons and have not been able to play without the game randomly closing without any warning.

I have no mods, no CC. I have repaired the game. Uninstalled the game twice. Uninstalled origin and re-installed origin. Deleted all folders. Re-installed the game. Nothing helps.

I can successfully stay in CAS and Build Mode, but once I hit the play button and try to actually play or fast forward, the game will, within 5 to 15 minutes unexpectedly close without any error message.

I have all expansions, and stuff packs. The Seasons expansion is when this problem started. I'm really frustrated because I just want to be able to play.

DxDiag attached. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (3,583 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Seasons crashing without error message

★★ Novice

Hello 

Thanks for your advise. I have managed to resolve this issue as it seemed very isolated in nature. Indeed this was due to the configuration of my CPU in the bios. I had previously disabled hyperthreading and put bigger load on 2 of my 4 cores with an overclock. I have re- enabled hyperthreading and I no longer have this crashing problem. 

If anyone else is reading this and has this problem in the future... maybe this will help you as well.

Thanks for your support 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (3,505 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@KaseyTwirl

Thank you for posting your computer information.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers, turning off Origin in-game, and/or playing in Windowed mode?

Finding devices and updating drivers on your PC
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

Restart the computer, to help the computer refresh itself, and try the the game again.

Start the game in Windowed mode:
In Origin - Games Library tab, right-click on Sims 4 and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay.

Playing The Sims 4 in windowed mode
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

It's seems that newer high-end cards have a hard time playing in fullscreen mode. Not sure why.

Message 2 of 7 (3,567 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't seem to help. I disabled origin from in-game and attempted to play in window mode via command line option. Restarted & the game closed again during the "greet new neighbors" phase ~around 3-4minutes into game play.
Message 3 of 7 (3,557 Views)

★★ Pro

@KaseyTwirl

I am sorry to hear that didn't work, maybe @crinrict might have some troubleshooting tips that might help.

Message 4 of 7 (3,524 Views)

Hero

Hi @KaseyTwirl

Have you tried a clean boot yet ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

If it doesn't work, do you have any files called lastcrash.txt in your documents folder ? Attaching doesn't seem to work on those atm, but could you c/p the content within spoiler tags to a new post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (3,512 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello 

Thanks for your advise. I have managed to resolve this issue as it seemed very isolated in nature. Indeed this was due to the configuration of my CPU in the bios. I had previously disabled hyperthreading and put bigger load on 2 of my 4 cores with an overclock. I have re- enabled hyperthreading and I no longer have this crashing problem. 

If anyone else is reading this and has this problem in the future... maybe this will help you as well.

Thanks for your support 

Message 6 of 7 (3,506 Views)

Hero
Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what helped.

I've marked your post as solution for the next person to easily see it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (3,498 Views)