by SimsChick06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Seasons Umbrella Bug

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work and Get Together. Game Packs: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day and Vampires. Stuff Packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack installed, place the umbrella holder on the lot and have your sim grab and umbrella and then go outside when it's raining.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim steps outside after grabbing an umbrella but doesn't pull it out at any point while outside.
What do you expect to see? I know from watching others play Seasons that what is supposed to happen is as soon as you send your sim outside when it's raining, the umbrella is supposed to automatically come out and cover them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Is this happening to anyone else? If so, do you have any mods that you removed and if so did this feature work after you did. If that's the case, please let me know which mod or mods so that I can remove them if I also have them. That would be a big help. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (6,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Umbrella Bug

★★ Apprentice

Yes, I figured out that it is definitely a mod. Now I have to figure out which one. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (7,295 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you test this without any mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (6,274 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, I figured out that it is definitely a mod. Now I have to figure out which one. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (7,296 Views)

Hero
HI @SimsChick06

moving this to the tech forum.

For future reference, please only report bugs in the bug forum that happen without mods. If you need help figuring out a mod issue, you can ask in the tech issues forum or in the mod forum over at the officials.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (6,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I am also having this problem, so did you figure out what mod that’s causing the bug? I really need help with this. I tried updating all my mods, still nothing.

Message 5 of 7 (5,398 Views)

Hero

Hi @TigerIdol15

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (5,356 Views)

★★ Apprentice
All the KS mods... such as the Explore, Pre School Mod, etc...
I removed them all and finally my sims are using their umbrellas :D
Message 7 of 7 (3,525 Views)