Sims 4 Seasons Stuck on Partly Cloudy

by alibuilds

Original Post

Sims 4 Seasons Stuck on Partly Cloudy

★★ Novice

Help!! I have been playing all day waiting for it to rain and all through spring and summer it says partly cloudly Frown I can chance the weather with the weather changer thing you can buy but I want it to rain and thunder storm automatically, even when I click on the calendar everyday says Partly Cloudly and warm. Frown I have alot of mods, but i keep them updated and have used the mod conflict detector. Anybody have any suggestions 

Message 1 of 10 (1,439 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Stuck on Partly Cloudy

★★ Pro

Hi @alibuilds 

You do say you 'have a lot of mods' and it's good that you keep them updated, but it's still bound to be causing the error, as some mods or cc doesn't really show the problem immediately. Nor is the 'conflict detector' going to find everything (without fail).

I also use Sims 4 Studio for a multitude of 'batch fixes' as well.

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads in a couple of minutes)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.

• Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, (but only for Windows not Mac - so if you have access to one, you could copy your Mods folder and check them that way) as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. (as to 'why' if you haven't yet even tried to 'use' a cc in game)It will  detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Hope this helps, Sasha 

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 10 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your help but I have no MODS, just CC. I have removed ALL my CC in my game.. and I still have the SAME issue. Very frustrating, as I was so excited about this pack. No idea what to do

Message 3 of 10 (1,424 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @alibuilds 

Just that you called them 'mods' in your first post.. but all the same, at least they're now removed then. They still may have damaged your game before they were removed so try the following (then continue with the spoiler info if still problematic.

1: Repair your game with the small cog (next to play)

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 4 of 10 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Still not working Sasha, kinda wanting to ask for a refund. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @alibuilds 

Is it not working now you 'repaired game'? and a have no cc in the game?

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

If you add your cc back 'folder by folder' to find the broken cc you should be able to find the cc causing the issue.  Though refunds are also available 

Sasha

Message 6 of 10 (1,402 Views)

★★ Novice
It still not working not even in winter. everything is partly cloudy, ive repaired the game removed my cc, started a new family started the season in winter.
Message 7 of 10 (1,395 Views)

★★ Pro

You haven't followed the main idea of clearing the cache and a clean boot though.

Sasha

nb: the instructions and links are in the two prior posts / spoilers

Message 8 of 10 (1,392 Views)

★★ Novice

i have cleared my cache before I posted this, it did nothing. I am not doing a clean boot as my boyfriend has all his games on this computer aswell

Message 9 of 10 (1,382 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alibuilds

You fail to understand what a clean boot is. It is not something permanent but something done for testing purposes. When you reboot normally everything is back to what it was. Your boyfriends games will in no way be affected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 10 (1,354 Views)