Sims 4 Script call failed(Counters, Stoves) and CAS thumbnails broken

by DirtyKittyRawr15

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Script call failed(Counters, Stoves) and CAS thumbnails broken

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After the latest patch for Island Living I have had numerous problems with my game. I loaded up CAS to find that almost every thumbnail is broken, not to mention the x on the item to remove it. The item shows up when clicked on but the thumbnail is messed up (image below). I loaded up one of my households after this and my doors, counters, computers, and stove were missing. When I tried toreplace them I got an error saying "script call failed". I read online and I removed the mod that was causing the issue for doors and computers but I'm still missing my stove and counters. Does anyone know what mod it is or how I can fix it? My whole kitchen is basically gone. Not to mention I get like 20 last exception pop ups when trying to do this plus clicking simple things like other sims. 

Message 1 of 12 (11,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Script call failed(Counters, Stoves) and CAS thumbnails broken

Hero
@DirtyKittyRawr15 The CAS issue is caused by the More Columns mod in CAS. Make sure you get the updated version of that.

The script Failure can be any other mod. Make sure you update all of your broken ones.

Here's a list that can help you find the problem ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (11,295 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@DirtyKittyRawr15 The CAS issue is caused by the More Columns mod in CAS. Make sure you get the updated version of that.

The script Failure can be any other mod. Make sure you update all of your broken ones.

Here's a list that can help you find the problem ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (11,296 Views)

★★ Novice

The door problem isn’t just caused by mods. We are having the same problem and have never used cc or mods in the game 

Message 3 of 12 (10,961 Views)

Hero
@xhanxxxnahx Can you place new ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (10,881 Views)

★★ Novice

i figured it out. I had a mod that made it so you can select which counters are available to your sims so your sim doesnt end up preparing food in the bathroom or on a corner counter that already had something on it. the doors and computers were fixed with removing a certain mod (BSMNTALDRGS). Thabk you for telling me about the collumn thing. I updated the mod and it's fixed Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (10,790 Views)

Hero
@DirtyKittyRawr15 Glad you found the culprits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (10,775 Views)

★ Novice

HI! i am having the same issues still with my computers, what mod was it that broke your computers?

Message 7 of 12 (10,439 Views)

Hero
@heyimvictoria12 If you have an adult mod that has to do with illegal substances, that might be the one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (10,422 Views)

★ Novice

oh yes, i’ve already updated that one, but i believe i just found the mods from KawaiiStacie that was actually broke 

Message 9 of 12 (10,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah! Oh my god thank you for telling us which mod it was, I really wasn't about to go through all my mods. I probably would have just either deleted everything or play sims 3 instead I am not patient enough for this. <3 I love you

@DirtyKittyRawr15 wrote:

i figured it out. I had a mod that made it so you can select which counters are available to your sims so your sim doesnt end up preparing food in the bathroom or on a corner counter that already had something on it. the doors and computers were fixed with removing a certain mod (BSMNTALDRGS). Thabk you for telling me about the collumn thing. I updated the mod and it's fixed Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (10,091 Views)