Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering PC

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Screen Flickering PC

★★★ Newbie

My Sim 4 PC games is flicking and glitching on the top of the screen. The game opens to full screen normally then begin glitching. I reset all the game setting changes now the game play on Window screen making my game run-slower. How am stop/fix the glitching on full screen. I haven't downloaded any 3rd party content; I'm using a HP 15 laptop computer 

Message 1 of 6 (3,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics is below minimum requirements. Your graphics driver is two years old. Upgrading it may help. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

You also only have 4GB RAM which should be enough. However half of that is used by the builtin graphics.

Make sure that Graphics quality is set to low and select laptop mode.

Notice that the Cats & Dogs Expansion will not run on this as it has higher requirements than the base game and I suspect the same will be true for the upcoming Seasons Expansion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,069 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you

Message 3 of 6 (3,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics is below minimum requirements. Your graphics driver is two years old. Upgrading it may help. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

You also only have 4GB RAM which should be enough. However half of that is used by the builtin graphics.

Make sure that Graphics quality is set to low and select laptop mode.

Notice that the Cats & Dogs Expansion will not run on this as it has higher requirements than the base game and I suspect the same will be true for the upcoming Seasons Expansion.

Message 4 of 6 (3,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the same is happening to me and I have no idea how to fix it.

Message 5 of 6 (3,016 Views)

Hero
Hi @krazytaklen

best to make your own thread and post your specs as this thread is solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,996 Views)