Re: Sims 4 Save file

by khadymbodj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Save file

★ Novice

My save file was corrupted, so I saved all my households to the gallery and then placed them into a fresh new save file which works perfectly. 

The problem is that all my played sims are in 14 different households and they are all related so when I started a new game they lost their interfamilial relationships with everyone but their household members. 

Is there a way to make sure my family trees stay intact even in a new save file?

Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

Accepted Solution

@khadymbodj  When you save a household to the Gallery or just to your in-game library, the sims lose their relationships with everyone not in the household.  There's no way around that.  What you can do though, if you use mods or are willing to add one, is use MCCC to recreate the relationships.  It may take some patience, and you might want to experiment on a spare copy of your save—use "save as" and rename it so you can mess with the new copy while the old one remains intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

All Replies

@khadymbodj  When you save a household to the Gallery or just to your in-game library, the sims lose their relationships with everyone not in the household.  There's no way around that.  What you can do though, if you use mods or are willing to add one, is use MCCC to recreate the relationships.  It may take some patience, and you might want to experiment on a spare copy of your save—use "save as" and rename it so you can mess with the new copy while the old one remains intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (175 Views)

★ Novice

Oh that’s a bummer! I’ll install Mc commander then. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)