Sims 4 Resolution-What is the fix or best one to use?

by LilVirtueNy

Original Post

Sims 4 Resolution-What is the fix or best one to use?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello Everyone Out there in EA Land! 

I just purchased Sims 4 on Origin last month, and also have the resolution problems, has anybody on here figured out what the best resolution is to play this in? I am running a Windows 10 Dell Laptop. Ive tried switching the resolution but still cant seem to play it, its way bigger than my screen size! Im sure since this game has been out a few years someone has a solid answer for this now, Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3 (11,111 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Resolution-What is the fix or best one to use?

Champion (Retired)

Normally you would run the game in the same resolution as Windows does. Go to settings (three dots) and change it in graphics options.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (11,097 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Resolution-What is the fix or best one to use?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This just happened to me after my graphics drivers updated. I just got a black screen that refused to load my game or even stay maximized.

What I finally did to fix it was close my game and lower my computer's screen resolution to 1280x720 (in Windows 10: Settings-->Display Settings-->Display Resolution). I restarted Origin and clicked on my game. That change alone made the game able to load. Once in the game I changed my game's screen resolution to 1280x720 Full Screen - Windowed Mode and saved the settings. Then I changed my computer's screen resolution back to normal. Luckily the changes stuck. 1280x720 might not work for you. If not, try whatever others are in the dropdown menu.

I don't understand why my game worked perfectly before without issue or why I have to have a lower resolution when my video drivers are up to date. Of course, if the video drivers are not up to date that might be the problem for some.

This is a bizarre bug that shouldn't exist, as there are so many different screen sizes and resolutions these days. Hopefully, EA/Origin will resolve it so this work-around won't be necessary.

I hope this works for anyone else having this problem.

Message 3 of 3 (11,075 Views)